Le Mans Headlight access? Front Fairing Removal..etc

KINDOY2

I searched around some but couldn't find a thred...

What is the easiest way to get at the headlight on the Le Mans..( specifically my 03 Rosso Corsa)....Do I have to pull the whole front  fairing or?

And..Is there a way to pull the whole fairing pretty much in one unit? Or does it have to come off section by section?

On my Lario you have to pull the fairing to access the headlight bulb as I recall. It comes off in one piece. It is likely the same on a Lemans.

• Thanks 1

Very simple actually, in 1 piece, wiring to turn signals, and a few bolts.

Cheers tom

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Tomchri said:

Very simple actually, in 1 piece, wiring to turn signals, and a few bolts.

Cheers tom

Thanks tom...I assume  I have to remove that inner panel behind the gauges to get after a couple of those  "Few Bolts"?

Memory,, no panel,, still say it's a quick job.  Bolts for mirrors, bolt above head cover, long bolt a bit further ahead,  and was it more actually. Service friendly and one piece.

Cheers tom.

• Like 1

The fairing is not a solid independent piece.  The red painted portion of the fairing on your bike  is held on by the bolts from the mirrors and bolts for the turnsignals.  I believe there are wiring connectors for the turn signals to unplug.  Then you remove the "skin" - the painted portion of the fairing as one piece.  All the black panels you see while seated on the bike stay fixed to the bike.  
When I first did this to my Rossa Corsa, I was shocked to see how easy it was and how it was constructed.  Its really not a fairing in the Windjammer style of construction.

Frank

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Frank said:

The fairing is not a solid independent piece.  The red painted portion of the fairing on your bike  is held on by the bolts from the mirrors and bolts for the turnsignals.  I believe there are wiring connectors for the turn signals to unplug.  Then you remove the "skin" - the painted portion of the fairing as one piece.  All the black panels you see while seated on the bike stay fixed to the bike.  
When I first did this to my Rossa Corsa, I was shocked to see how easy it was and how it was constructed.  Its really not a fairing in the Windjammer style of construction.

Frank

Thank you Frank..:-).Nice to know!!

Hrmm, I thought there was a FAQ for this, but doesn't seem to be.  I'm sure there was a thread eons ago, but it may have been lost with the upgrade from the original forum soooo long ago.  Who knows :huh2:

All true as reported above.... comes off in one big piece as described once the hard mounting locations and turn signal wiring are disconnected.  Be careful as the fairing is a little "floppy" once you pull it off, and you have to expand it a bit to get it past the valve cover mounting brackets to pull it forward and off.  But once done, you'll see it's not a big deal :thumbsup:

But as an alternative, if you ONLY want to get to the headlight wiring for example, you also can just remove the small piece of the fairing up under the headlight.  I think it is held on with four bolts.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, al_roethlisberger said:

Hrmm, I thought there was a FAQ for this, but doesn't seem to be.  I'm sure there was a thread eons ago, but it may have been lost with the upgrade from the original forum soooo long ago.  Who knows :huh2:

All true as reported above.... comes off in one big piece as described once the hard mounting locations and turn signal wiring are disconnected.  Be careful as the fairing is a little "floppy" once you pull it off, and you have to expand it a bit to get it past the valve cover mounting brackets to pull it forward and off.  But once done, you'll see it's not a big deal :thumbsup:

But as an alternative, if you ONLY want to get to the headlight wiring for example, you also can just remove the small piece of the fairing up under the headlight.  I think it is held on with four bolts.

Great info Al!