OIl Filter Question

Dennis

3 minutes ago, po18guy said:

Or, from our Boeing experience, they exist for people who are  constantly forced to correct engineers.

Ha yes. Believe it or not I've had a few free and frank discussions with Boeing engineers about their design decisions over the years, and a few OEMs as well:)

Ciao 

14 minutes ago, Lucky Phil said:

Ha yes. Believe it or not I've had a few free and frank discussions with Boeing engineers about their design decisions over the years, and a few OEMs as well:)

Ciao 

It has been said that they live in rarefied air. It is fairly clear to me that, at that altitude, the oxygen level  must be rather low.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, po18guy said:

It has been said that they live in rarefied air. It is fairly clear to me that, at that altitude, the oxygen level  must be rather low.

Ha that's funny. Biggest issue is some tend to suffer from the "wasn't thought of by us so I'm not going to take it seriously" mentality.

Airbus wasn't much better but you had the :"French factor" to deal with as well.

Ciao

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lucky Phil said:

Ha that's funny. Biggest issue is some tend to suffer from the "wasn't thought of by us so I'm not going to take it seriously" mentality.

Airbus wasn't much better but you had the :"French factor" to deal with as well.

Ciao

As bad a rap as Boeing gets, I cannot trust an aircraft made by historical enemies. Ever see Bill Murray in "Lost in Translation"? Something like that.  Oh, and I had a French car. It was frequently grounded - by itself. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 6 months later...

As I posted in another forum here , I went to NAPA and got a castle nut 27mm/ 1 1/16" and welded a 3/8" extension to the nut . For a couple of dollars , it does the job .