04' V11 Coppa advice?

daviscr5

12 hours ago, Tinus89 said:

Does your idle rpm vary a lot from warm to hot? Because mine did. After normal riding for 30min it was 1250rpm, but after a spirited ride through town (lots of stop and go, lots of accelleration) or coming off the highway to a stop, she went down to 1000rpm, which she does not like to idle at.

I've solved this by mastering the Decent Tune Up as quoted by docc. Took me 3 attempts to get right, but the problem has been away for 2 years now.

On the shifting: indeed, sometimes happens to me as well when I ride too "sloppy" or "lazy". Take some time for just those shifts and it will get better. Mine does it now once every 10 rides or so, which does not bother me anymore.:race:

I can't recall what the idle does between warm-up and hot. I need to check that out and report back. Thanks for the tip on the tune up and shift. I need to channel my inner mechanic and figure out how to do that throttle body stuff! Valves and oil changes are no issue:).

3 hours ago, docc said:

Simple enough to install a full set of High Current OMRON:

https://www.onlinecomponents.com/omron-electronics/g8he1c7trdc12-42670683.html

When swapping relays, I always use #3(middle)/“Neutral” Relay for the spare as it is the least stressed. Know your stressed relays: 

Thanks docc!

• Like 1

Hello all, I just pulled my speedo to send to Joel Levine (odo and tripmeter don't work). Funny that the reset knob was badly broken for some reason. I'll need to find a replacement and have asked Joel if he can replace. Also, the rubber boots that hold each little lightbulb were real buggers to get out of the housing. Any suggestions on how to get them back in once I receive the speedo back? 

20200808_144818.jpg

58 minutes ago, daviscr5 said:

Hello all, I just pulled my speedo to send to Joel Levine (odo and tripmeter don't work). Funny that the reset knob was badly broken for some reason. I'll need to find a replacement and have asked Joel if he can replace. Also, the rubber boots that hold each little lightbulb were real buggers to get out of the housing. Any suggestions on how to get them back in once I receive the speedo back? 

20200808_144818.jpg

MG Cycles sells a replacement I'm pretty sure.

Ciao

• Like 1

Seattle Speedo "says" he can rehab ITIs.  I sent him mine, duped me for about $580.  Don't send to him, he has apparently scammed quite a few folks.  One guy from California sent him about 6 rare Porsche gauges.  Sadly he never saw them again.  (Moderators: delete if this is inappropriate - Tom).

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Guys, I've corresponded with Joel Levine: www.joellevinecompany.com.  Says he can do them for $295 which includes a 1-year warranty. He was recommended from this forum. Shipping today, will let you know how it goes.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, daviscr5 said:

Guys, I've corresponded with Joel Levine: www.joellevinecompany.com.  Says he can do them for $295 which includes a 1-year warranty. He was recommended from this forum. Shipping today, will let you know how it goes.

Charlie Mullendore (MG restorer/Antietam Classic Cycle) has given Joel Levine  good marks for the odo/tachs he has sent to him.  For my ITI odo, I gave up and scrapped it.  Ordered a "new" kph ODO (manufacturer is duR) from TLM.  Cost was $158 plus postage (about a year ago) but it works excellent.  I put some very tiny thin strips of red electrical tape to designate 40/50/60/70 mph until my old mind is able to make the conversion without too much thinking.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/10/2020 at 9:41 AM, daviscr5 said:

I've think I have a knob in good shape.  I just have to put my hands on it.  I sent the old odo to a guy in Canada for some R&D he was gonna do on his ITI gage.   My odo/speedo is now a (duR) from TLM so no use for it.

On 8/20/2020 at 8:29 AM, Tom in Virginia said:

Does this look like it?  

0820201030.jpg

Tom, yes that looks to be the same knob as the one MG Cycles shipped me.  That said, when Joel called me to report my speedo was ready to ship he also offered to make me a new knob which I agreed to. This way I know I have a solution and the backup knob from MG. Will let you guys know how it all works out.