04' V11 Coppa advice?

daviscr5

8 hours ago, daviscr5 said:

Tom, yes that looks to be the same knob as the one MG Cycles shipped me.  That said, when Joel called me to report my speedo was ready to ship he also offered to make me a new knob which I agreed to. This way I know I have a solution and the backup knob from MG. Will let you guys know how it all works out.

OKay, sorry I wasn't quicker to find it and respond.  Could have saved you a few clams.

OKay, sorry I wasn't quicker to find it and respond.  Could have saved you a few clams.
It's all good. I'll have a backup

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

A quick update. I received my speedo back from Joel Levine this afternoon. Prior to shipping he explained that the V11 speedo is a Chinese replica of a basic Japanese speedo but made with cheap materials. Apparently there is/was a Chinese factory in Italy manufacturing these IT speedos. He rebuilds the Guzzi speedos with refurbished Japanese parts. Long story short, I reinstalled and it appears to be running fine following a spirited 20 minute ride. So all good on the speedo front. Also, the trip meter knob sold on MG Cycles is a perfect OEM fit where mine was broken.

Now to solve the intermittent starting issue!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

• Like 5