TLM Guzzi

knumbnutz

Paul Lewis is happy to tell how fast he was :D  He works down at the local Harley shop in Newstedt, Brisbane these days. 

I imagine his "confidence" may not have been overly popular at times but he could walk the walk from what I have seen. He had some interesting races over the years including a stouch at Daytona 86 where he and fellow competitor on a ducati clashed, Lewis fractured a foot and the other guy crashed  off the track. Lewis rode to 2nd and then got carted off to hospital after giving his press conference from a stretcher :D :D :D 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Paul "Loopy" Lewis was involved with the Dock Gate 20 Harley dealership in Southampton, Uk.  He seemed a likeable chap the few times I chatted with him, happy to listen to you and told a few interesting stories.  I do remember him wheelying a full dresser Harley in a very tight space at a show.  Also going like a maniac pulling wheelies around the roundabout opposite the shop. No longer sure of the details but I remember him saying he could beat any non-racer on any other bike with his Harley.  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, 68C said:

Paul "Loopy" Lewis was involved with the Dock Gate 20 Harley dealership in Southampton, Uk.  He seemed a likeable chap the few times I chatted with him, happy to listen to you and told a few interesting stories.  I do remember him wheelying a full dresser Harley in a very tight space at a show.  Also going like a maniac pulling wheelies around the roundabout opposite the shop. No longer sure of the details but I remember him saying he could beat any non-racer on any other bike with his Harley.  

I've got a bunch of personal photos from the Daytona pits from that year of the Cosworth and plenty of other bikes. All very detailed with the bodywork off etc. can't get that sort of access anymore.

Ciao  

• Like 2