Fuel regulator preasure between 1500 - 3000

Tomchri

Haven't got the plumbing yet to measure fuel pressure, but wondering has anyone gotten rid of stuttering, misfiring, exhaust bangs going steady between 2000 - 3000 area by getting a little higher fuel pressure ?  She is missing some fuel in that aerea.  Idling, balancing, TPS, valves, 0.85mm cam sensor and all elec have been gone thru,,, AND she runs VERY strong in the mountains in the upper rpm. Curious as usual, so be great if someone said,, yes I had a problem like that with my f regulator, little red neck adjustment cured the problem  :rasta:  The cure was a suqqestion from a what I call a awaked friend.            Suqqestions, yes please.   Problem shall be solved.

Cheers tom.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Tomchri said:

Haven't got the plumbing yet to measure fuel pressure, but wondering has anyone gotten rid of stuttering, misfiring, exhaust bangs going steady between 2000 - 3000 area by getting a little higher fuel pressure ?  She is missing some fuel in that aerea.  Idling, balancing, TPS, valves, 0.85mm cam sensor and all elec have been gone thru,,, AND she runs VERY strong in the mountains in the upper rpm. Curious as usual, so be great if someone said,, yes I had a problem like that with my f regulator, little red neck adjustment cured the problem  :rasta:  The cure was a suqqestion from a what I call a awaked friend.            Suqqestions, yes please.   Problem shall be solved.

Cheers tom.

Is this the old hickup at 3000 rpm issue or something different? If indeed the issue at this spot is a fuel related one then upping the fuel pressure is not a smart way to address it. Why would you mess about with regulated pressure and in turn mess up the fuel map everywhere else when literally 10 minutes on a computer via guzzi diag and tunerpro you can fine tune the fuel and or the ignition map in the exact spot you want?

You haven't mentioned if you have replaced the fuel filter and checked the in tank hoses if an internal pump bike which should be at the top of the hit list for running issues

I've been involves in adjustable fuel regs for Harleys back in the 90's when they used the exact same reg as we have but that was before the days of Guzzidiag and it was just Harley's 

Upping the fuel pressure which richens it up everywhere made them run better but it was a crude solution, but it made Harley owners happy when nothing much else was available.

Ciao     

Cheers tom.

Did the problem occurred before or after flashing ECU with Meinolf’s map? Just wondering. As always; one step back and take a deep breath Good luck, Tom!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Lucky Phil said:

Is this the old hickup at 3000 rpm issue or something different? If indeed the issue at this spot is a fuel related one then upping the fuel pressure is not a smart way to address it. Why would you mess about with regulated pressure and in turn mess up the fuel map everywhere else when literally 10 minutes on a computer via guzzi diag and tunerpro you can fine tune the fuel and or the ignition map in the exact spot you want?

You haven't mentioned if you have replaced the fuel filter and checked the in tank hoses if an internal pump bike which should be at the top of the hit list for running issues

I've been involves in adjustable fuel regs for Harleys back in the 90's when they used the exact same reg as we have but that was before the days of Guzzidiag and it was just Harley's 

Upping the fuel pressure which richens it up everywhere made them run better but it was a crude solution, but it made Harley owners happy when nothing much else was available.

Ciao     

Advice taken on fuel pressure. Outside pump and filter.  Since she is running strong in the upper rpm,, I wouldn't think filter, but.

Just ordered a new pump and filter.   Will try that first before more wondering. Thanks Phil.

Cheers tom.

5 hours ago, hammershaug said:

Did the problem occurred before or after flashing ECU with Meinolf’s map? Just wondering. As always; one step back and take a deep breath emoji3.png Good luck, Tom!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She came with PC111, running strong. Will try putting it back on, just for testing.

Also have a new Titanium ECU for testing. 

Cheers tom.

Having chased so many hiccup/stutter/pop/ misfire over these many years, it still surprises me when the Sport smooths out after some improvement in the charging system. 

Just something more to consider before the IPA runs low . . . :bier:

• Like 2

Thanks Docc, everything is simple when,, IPA will not be running low, beer is on me.
Did try right now with the PC, a little better.
Tried with the Titanium ECU, WORSE.
Have 847 regulator on both bikes, very happy with that. It's friday .
Cheers Tom 78ebc7cabe6c09b6f90191d9e6e68628.jpg34b22fdc80af3a86331c40093c9dd931.jpg

Sent fra min SM-A505FN via Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Checked fuel pressure today, all good.
Next step is the interwebworld, ( Guzzidiag ), I rather go skydiving.
Cheers Tom. 1bd2d89096ea48277018b39fab091fc3.jpg

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Tomchri said:

Checked fuel pressure today, all good.
Next step is the interwebworld, ( Guzzidiag ), I rather go skydiving.
Cheers Tom. 1bd2d89096ea48277018b39fab091fc3.jpg

Once you get familiar with Guzzidiag and Tunerpro you will realise you have previously been tuning your bike with one hand tied behind your back.

Ciao

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ok,,, tried one time last year :rasta:, all I  managed was  to donate to Bear. And yes, it will be sorted, with or without help.

Cheers tom

Lighting off the mixture is also key. I installed Brisk Racing electrode-less plugs, big fat 50mm Thundervolt wires and I have a matched set of still yet to install Nology coils. Crudely tuned pciii my bike does not act weird at those rpms.

I agree with Phil, the pressure won’t really do much if anything as you are not reaching anywhere near the duty cycle limits of the injectors. 

Quality 1st Tier fuel is important. I run Shell 93 mixed with 110 race fuel (US 131 Dragway) isn’t very far from where I live so it’s not a issue to get the high test go go juice. I would also check the condition / routing of the fuel lines. 

• Thanks 1

Bigger bangs always better.  have Brisk racing plugs, not yet installed. Always running  Shell 98.  Fuel lines and pressure all good.  I bet my Greenie woud run better if I put back the stock crossover, not going to happen. Will find a way about the fueling. 

Cheers tom.

I’m no fan of “whiz bang” latest and greatest.... I was more then pleasantly surprised at how much better my bike ran after the plugs and wires. I do think not having a plug intruding into the combustion chamber makes sense, so far she runs great. Throw those bad boys in there and see what I’m talkin ‘bout!

Oh, did you check the condition of the intake boots? Hard to tell when they are installed, both of mine were cracked and super non buono....

• Thanks 1

Knew I bought the Brisk's for a reason  :rasta:   , thinking that was to be the desert for her when running good. They shoud run good with the Iridium plugs to. Had a great ignition system for a 440 was it called Dr Jacobs. Pure bonus with a great spark.   Intake boots have no sign of cracking, and they are robust. She even idles if the balance hose sneezes of, not good running of course.   

Cheers tom

• Like 1