Meinolf's V11 BIN

Meinolf

Hi,

I still get emails asking for the V11 BIN I made available several years ago. I can't find my post with the download links, which don't work anymore anyway, so here's the current download link.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1e7MMuO6vrUZGFfmkCtL3zsW1qeS6uDgY/view?usp=sharing

The base setup, and that's quite important to follow to get the best results, is:

- TPS set to 157mV with all mechanical connectors removed and throttle completely closed

- Both bypass screws completely closed

- CO trim set to 0

- Idle sync with both (if so required) throttle stop screws

- Running sync as usual

And while we at it, here's the link to the Jackal (works with any California with 15M) BIN. Same base setup as V11, but I recommend a larger valve play of 0,3mm for exhaust and intake. The Jackal BIN is quite recent.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Wb2LXrRrgDI1WO0krnb_GeiAvewbwA1K/view?usp=sharing

Cheers

Meinolf

• Like 6
  • Thanks 5

Thanks, Meinolf! I’ll “pin” this (probably in “How to ...”).

Is it acceptable to adjust V11 valves to the “world spec” with your map?

• Like 1

Hi,

I'm not sure if I know what you mean by “world spec”. The service manual recommends 0.15/0.1mm for exhaust/intake, I use 0.2/0.15mm respectively. But it's not critical in regards to my BIN.

Cheers
Meinolf

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Meinolf said:

Hi,

I'm not sure if I know what you mean by “world spec”. The service manual recommends 0.15/0.1mm for exhaust/intake, I use 0.2/0.15mm respectively. But it's not critical in regards to my BIN.

Cheers
Meinolf

I had to get home to confirm in mm. I believe "world spec" is commonly thought of as 0.20/0.15mm (0.008"/0.006"),  Exhaust/ Intake.

Thank you, again, for sharing this with the community!  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

• docc pinned this topic
5 hours ago, docc said:

I had to get home to confirm in mm. I believe "world spec" is commonly thought of as 0.20/0.15mm (0.008"/0.006").

Thank you, again, for sharing this with the community!  :thumbsup:

This would be the 3rd set of different valve clearances I've seen from Meinolf for various bikes and probably due to language differences the usual intake/exhaust way of expressing the figures he has now given them as exhaust/intake so just be careful to not get them the wrong way around if this is what you want to use. Maybe docc you might want to change it around in the post or maybe highlight it. Or maybe its just me?

Ciao

• Thanks 2

Hopefully everyone knows the smaller #s will be intake clearance and the larger #s are the exhaust clearance because of the hotter components and will expand taking up clearance .

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, gstallons said:

Hopefully everyone knows the smaller #s will be intake clearance and the larger #s are the exhaust clearance because of the hotter components and will expand taking up clearance .

Hope, we live in hope:)

Ciao

• Haha 2

• 3 months later...

I take it this BIN only works in the 15M ECU and not the 15RC? I tried to upload this and had an error message, something like it not being compatible using Guzzi Diag. I had already used tuner pro to switch the Lambda input off.

On 11/24/2020 at 7:43 AM, NicoNZ said:

I take it this BIN only works in the 15M ECU and not the 15RC? I tried to upload this and had an error message, something like it not being compatible using Guzzi Diag. I had already used tuner pro to switch the Lambda input off.

You usually turn off the Lambda using Guzzidiag. Didn't know you could do it via Tunerpro.

Ciao

23 hours ago, Lucky Phil said:

You usually turn off the Lambda using Guzzidiag. Didn't know you could do it via Tunerpro.

Ciao

The information on this site tells me you need to use the Tunerpro for this. I tried with guzzidiag and it was not able to cover off this function

43 minutes ago, NicoNZ said:

The information on this site tells me you need to use the Tunerpro for this. I tried with guzzidiag and it was not able to cover off this function

Ok just did more research and you are correct. I have a 15M and just assumed the disabling could be done with diag on the RC seeing it looks at everything else with regards to lambda.

Ciao.