Meinolf's V11 BIN

Meinolf

On 11/24/2020 at 4:43 AM, NicoNZ said:

I take it this BIN only works in the 15M ECU and not the 15RC? I tried to upload this and had an error message, something like it not being compatible using Guzzi Diag. I had already used tuner pro to switch the Lambda input off.

So... besides the 15M

is this BIN also for the 15RC bikes?

Was this confirmed?

Also, I’m under the impression that the O2 sensor needs to be disabled - only just to upload new map.

But that the O2 once again be enabled after new map has been successfully installed for best results as it retains O2 sensor driven STFT & LTFT adaptability.

15 minutes ago, ScuRoo said:

So... besides the 15M

Was this confirmed?

Also, I’m under the impression that the O2 sensor needs to be disabled - only just to upload new map.

But that the O2 once again be enabled after new map has been successfully installed for best results as it retains O2 sensor driven STFT & LTFT adaptability.

I "think" you can use a 15RC in a 15M but not the other way around. The 15M and 15RC use a different XDF file although the same reader/writer.

Ciao

I have been also following the German "mother forum" for GuzziDiag always.  Some notes from there:

"

- you cannot upload the mapping of 15M to 15RC

- copying the tables of the 15M into the 15RC is possible, the partially different addresses of the tables and scalars have to be taken into account

(I understand that this means, that the copying of a single table from a bin file to another bin file is technically possible  inside TunerPro, but the tables are not interchangeable with each other 1:1)

- the contexts are much more complex and multi-layered on the 15RC than on the "simple" 15M, the key to understanding lies in the program code

"

So 15M/15RC mapping not interchangeable.  If I remember right, the writer tool does not allow to write "a wrong map" into the ecu ?  For example GuzziDiag does not connect, if a wrong ecu (like 15RC instead of 15M) is chosen.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 1 month later...
On 9/17/2021 at 8:29 PM, ScuRoo said:

So... besides the 15M

Was this confirmed?

I ended up putting a 15M ECU in mine so the lambda is not used. Now if someone had a titanium race map for the 15RC I would try and use the lambda again but maybe the race map turns it off anyway.

FYI I found the Titanium race map better than the meinolf map for some reason. I am in the middle of comparison on the road this month to try and provide seat of the pants feedback.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I understand that the “Kit Racing Titanio” -labelled ecu which came with the “Titanium” kit was always the 15M with special mapping. For example the rpm limiter was at 8600 when the standard value is 8398 rpm (got this from Meinolf, have not checked myself). Here in my neighbourhood is a (rare) Nero Corsa with the original Guzzi Titanium Kit (Dynoed 86,2 hp/7926 rpm Crank). The software of this “Titanium Ecu” could not be uploaded to a 15RC ecu with the Guzzidiag Writer tool.  The Nero Corsa came as new with 15RC and cats. The Titanium kit obviously contained “straight” absobtion type mufflers (made by Mistral I believe) without cats and the 15M ecu with ”race” mapping to go with the new parts on the exhaust. 

Race_ecu.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Camn said:

I understand that the “Kit Racing Titanio” -labelled ecu which came with the “Titanium” kit was always the 15M with special mapping. For example the rpm limiter was at 8600 when the standard value is 8398 rpm (got this from Meinolf, have not checked myself). Here in my neighbourhood is a (rare) Nero Corsa with the original Guzzi Titanium Kit (Dynoed 86,2 hp/7926 rpm Crank). The software of this “Titanium Ecu” could not be uploaded to a 15RC ecu with the Guzzidiag Writer tool.  The Nero Corsa came as new with 15RC and cats. The Titanium kit obviously contained “straight” absobtion type mufflers (made by Mistral I believe) without cats and the 15M ecu with ”race” mapping to go with the new parts on the exhaust. 

Race_ecu.jpg

What makes people thing these "special kit" ecu's and their "special mapping" are so "special". Ducati Termi kit ecu's were rubbish and just added fuel everywhere and you paid big bucks for the privilege of getting nothing. It was 99% marketing and feel good factor. This one has an extra 200rpm, big deal, it's a rounding error change. All ecu mapping is one big compromise as it's designed to work globally with different fuels and safe on all bike variables. Mapping a std ecu on an individual bike on a dyno is the only way to truly optimise the mapping. You can get decently close swapping custom maps but never optimal for each particular bike on local fuel. 

I've compared the std 2000 V11 mapping and the "Titanium" mapping and the only difference I can see is the Titanium mapping from 4000rpm and 36.8 degrees of throttle has between 3 and 5 deg more ignition advance, that's it. The rpm limit is the same as the std 2000 V11 Sport map. 

Massive waste of money from what I can see.

Ciao   

• Like 2

You talking about the full kit or slip ons on a 1098 Phil?

I had that map in my now sold 1098, later managed to get a Nemisis II ECU cheap. I bought it to separate the ECU from the dash as they are paired and I was thinking about putting on a race dash, which never happened.

Anyway I loaded the Nemesis map, which had been mapped by some mob on a dyno in England, for Termi slip ons.

It felt like a different engine, I don't know about power but the engine seemed to rev free-er and pull stronger.

Into the bargain the coolant temps also went down quite a bit.

1 hour ago, dbarb3 said:

The Titanium map does not add fuel??

Nope, not the one I'm looking at. Here's the Delta image of the 2 maps, a std V11 Sport from 2000 and the Titanium 15M map. So a differences comparison between the 2. As you can see, variations are zero.

Ciao

Screenshot 2021-11-02 121810.png

Base map

Screenshot 2021-11-02 122425.png

Titanium

Screenshot 2021-11-02 122538.png

• Thanks 1

On 9/18/2021 at 11:11 PM, Camn said:

- the contexts are much more complex and multi-layered on the 15RC than on the "simple" 15M, the key to understanding lies in the program code

"

So 15M/15RC mapping not interchangeable.

Yup.

The 15RC adds STFT & LTFT adaptability.

Maximum of up to 25% variance.

1 hour ago, dbarb3 said:

Im a little taken back seems with the freer flowing cans the bike with "titanium package" ecu would run like crap

Why? I don't think you can make those generalisations. I've run literall dozens of bikes over the years with everything from a pair of race cans to full race systems on the std maps and not one of them had a running issue, not one. As a matter of fact my Ducati 1198 has run a Mega expensive and beautiful Full titanium  Akrapovic system for years as did the 1098 before it with no changes. Akrapovic even advise on their website no mapping changes required. Would any of them make better torque and power with a dyno tune? Almost certainly, but that doesn't mean they wont run well without mapping adjustments especially when just using on the road. I had people all over the place warning me my engine would blow up on the 1098 and 1198. I ignored them of course and both were used on the road and track without problems and carburated fine . As I said before the "kit ecu" thing is more a way of extracting additional money from customers and in the case of the Termi one was just a blunt instrument anyway just adding 3 or 6% everywhere, can't remember now. Just about everyone on this board running free flow mufflers would have done or is now running without any mapping changes including me when my bike had a std engine. 

Install the Mufflers and see how it runs.

Ciao  

On 11/2/2021 at 8:21 AM, Weegie said:

You talking about the full kit or slip ons on a 1098 Phil?

I had that map in my now sold 1098, later managed to get a Nemisis II ECU cheap. I bought it to separate the ECU from the dash as they are paired and I was thinking about putting on a race dash, which never happened.

Anyway I loaded the Nemesis map, which had been mapped by some mob on a dyno in England, for Termi slip ons.

It felt like a different engine, I don't know about power but the engine seemed to rev free-er and pull stronger.

Into the bargain the coolant temps also went down quite a bit.

Can't remember John was one 3% everywhere and one 6%, can't remember. When I found out what they were I dismissed them as a bit of a joke at the time and I haven't got the spare brain capacity to retain details about junk. Clearly adding a flat %age over the entire map is not a tuning exercise worth paying a truck load of extra cash for.

Ciao 

• Thanks 1

On 11/2/2021 at 5:27 AM, Camn said:

Race_ecu.jpg

Yes but it can be translated to the RC .bin file manually via Tunerpro and loaded. Same as I transposed the Centauro maps from a 16M ecu into a 15M ecu.

Ciao

• 3 weeks later...

I run mistral headers/cross over and straight through carbon cans with the Titanium map and it runs beautifully, if anything I bet it is a little rich still. Decent tune up, clean filters/fluids etc, sort our your leccy and it's all good!

• Like 1