Meinolf's V11 BIN

Meinolf

Reading this just out of interest as I don't own a V11.

Just a couple of stupid questions, from the thread I gather that there are 2 Lambdas installed, in the headers? Are these wide or narrow band?

I've got an 2017 R9T and I've installed a full Zard system, so bye bye cat. The R9T MAY run a little lean without the cat, opinion varies, the system is (allegedly) closed loop and the sensors are narrow band.

I've installed a RapidBike Evo, this will adaptive tune using the narrow band over a few hundred miles to an adjustable AFR set by the user, if required, it also allows some other fuel tweaks and you can tinker with the map.

To get the very best from the system though, a wideband Lambda can be used and the tuning is "real time" (I know there isn't really such a thing). With the wideband, the Evo knows where the AFR is and can target fuelling quicker

AFAIK narrow band Lamda acts more like a switch and wideband returns a value over a wider range

I'm guessing the Lambdas in the Guzzi are narrow band but wondered out of interest.

Oh and I'm pretty ignorant about this whole thing knowing only the basics, but trying to educate my aging brain, probably a losing battle.

To be fair, my original 15RC ECU had been tampered with by an "experienced" shop to try and remove the stutter/cough around 3k revs. I did try and have a rexxer map loaded as I have in my St4s, but this failed as the work done to tickle the map by the shop prevented any update being loaded. Something to do with a programming access code. I have no idea what that means or if I have described it correctly. So I was stuck with the stutter.

I had the opportunity to buy a second hand titanium kit. The OEM mufflers were already cored so I just swapped the ECU for the 15M and immediately the stutter was gone. I then loaded the Meinolf map and completed Docc's decent tune up. Bike ran really well. I have since changed back to the TI map and it runs better. Anyone who rides it (I have two friends with 15M V11's) comment on how well it runs. So very happy now.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NicoNZ said:

To be fair, my original 15RC ECU had been tampered with by an "experienced" shop to try and remove the stutter/cough around 3k revs. I did try and have a rexxer map loaded as I have in my St4s, but this failed as the work done to tickle the map by the shop prevented any update being loaded. Something to do with a programming access code. I have no idea what that means or if I have described it correctly. So I was stuck with the stutter.

I had the opportunity to buy a second hand titanium kit. The OEM mufflers were already cored so I just swapped the ECU for the 15M and immediately the stutter was gone. I then loaded the Meinolf map and completed Docc's decent tune up. Bike ran really well. I have since changed back to the TI map and it runs better. Anyone who rides it (I have two friends with 15M V11's) comment on how well it runs. So very happy now.

Ok interesting. On my bike with the old/original engine it exhibited a distinct cough at the typical area but only under certain atmospheric conditions it seemed. I couldn't get it do do it at times when I was deliberately trying. The engine definitely has a failure to combust on one cylinder when it happens and I don't see any reason why it would be a random failure in the ignition system itself. Almost feels like the engine loads up on fuel and then fails to burn for a cycle and clears. You change the ECU and even with different maps it clears the problem which is interesting. My Daytona engine with an identical Efi system save for the TPS has always been fine even with the ecu that ran the 2 valve engine.

Ciao  

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/7/2022 at 10:59 AM, Lucky Phil said:

Ok interesting. On my bike with the old/original engine it exhibited a distinct cough at the typical area but only under certain atmospheric conditions it seemed. I couldn't get it do do it at times when I was deliberately trying. The engine definitely has a failure to combust on one cylinder when it happens and I don't see any reason why it would be a random failure in the ignition system itself. Almost feels like the engine loads up on fuel and then fails to burn for a cycle and clears. You change the ECU and even with different maps it clears the problem which is interesting. My Daytona engine with an identical Efi system save for the TPS has always been fine even with the ecu that ran the 2 valve engine.

Ciao  

I have a friend with a 2001 V11 sport. Tried the Meinolf and the TI map in his and he liked the TI map better as well. He still has a slight issue with a cough that I would want to quantify before making further comment. He was bugging me to complete the "decent tune up" for him as mine runs so well. I need to find the time to get this done as I know it will put a bigger smile on his face when he rides it. He only has about 18000kms on his bike.