Guzzidiag AHHHHHH !

cosmo

On 8/24/2020 at 3:29 PM, cosmo said:

" It stated the 15M was used on the V11 until 2002.  2002 on, the 15RC was used. My scoot was built in 2004.  So I'm-a gonna try to pick a bike from the dropdown that uses the 15RC.  Perhaps that is what the issue is.  Wrong ecu."

I do not have a Lambda sensor on the crossover which as memory serves me is F by F. W/Mistral cans and K&N filter.  So ,I am Ditching the PClll and I'll continue without it. Starting over.  I don't understand "closed loop" or much else about the mapping and am going to seek info on it to understand it better so I don't F#*&!  anything up. 
Thank you all for helping. Will post progress.

Lost the PCommander. Checked the cable download. Good. Still only getting to the point where the drop down asks "Ignition off for 10 sec, hit ok, turn on ignition, if you hear the fuel pump, close the program and try again. Again and again, many times. Well I continually hear the fuel pump each time.  (Does the program normally keep the fuel pump switched off?)  If I continue and hit ok, a timer starts on the bottom of the drop down (15 sec) for switching the ignition on. If I proceed and turn on the bike on I'll get a notification box stating ,"Switch ignition off."
       So its either not connecting to, or not "seeing" the ecu for some reason. I've tried mznyc's  suggestion of trying over and over to no avail.  At a loss as to the issue.  Perhaps I'll borrow a laptop w/windows to eliminate a problem with the laptop I'm using. Doubt its that, but grasping at straws. Think I'll take it for a spin and see what's changed in the way it runs with the stock map.

Just thinking out loud fwiw,,,

Your 2004 V11 should in theory have a 15RC ECU equipped with a lambda; verify what's actually printed on the label of your ECU under the seat.

Mine has a long number with 15M at the end.

If this is a "new to you" bike and you don't know the PO, history or what has actually been done, and it's always ran like crap, you "may" have a lambda sensor or the wiring connections for one and it's just been tucked up somewhere out of sight and it was never actually turned off or disabled when the F by F crossover was installed.

I don't know how they're wired and if it could be an issue, but when you unplugged the Power Commander, did you chase down and reconnect the original wiring?

Is the indicator light for the chip on your cable lighting up, showing that it is working and connected properly?

I've only used guzzidiag reader/writer drivers, so I've never actually downloaded and launched the cable reader program,,, you say that it was downloaded properly, did it give you the option/prompt to run/install or is that something you have to manually do yourself?

fwiw

good luck

Kelly

80CX100, Yes to the cable light. Interestingly enough, there was a paper sticker on the face of my ecu which was shot. Faded, fuzzy, and unreadable. It seemed odd that an ID sticker would be made of a material that degraded like that. Especially on a something that's spent its life garaged. I scraped it to see what was under it, and there was a ecu ID sticker .  Why it was covered, and with what, will remain a mystery.  15M now.  Recently I also found a cleverly hidden cable with a plug connection. Probably for the lambda. When I purchased the machine I had a local shop that had a dyno install the bits and pieces and program the Power Commander.  Dynoed in at 103 hp. It's run perfect until recently. Doubt that they did anything with the lambda.  I'm back to cracking the G/D and getting into the ecu.  Took a bit of a digger hiking the other day, saved my face but didn't do much good for my arm. It will be a few more days before getting my arm moving again. I can at least pound away the computer .    Thanks for your suggestions.

On ‎8‎/‎25‎/‎2020 at 8:51 AM, Tomchri said:

Missed the first picture.
Cheers Tom 46d29b8e6f3b757f719c948659c83613.jpg

Sent fra min SM-A505FN via Tapatalk

G'day Tomchri.

Sorry for the thread hijack folks, but where did you get the tail tidy/rear light assembly?

I reckon this area is one that needs a wee bit of attention on our bikes and yours looks pretty good!

Cheers Guzzler

1 hour ago, guzzler said:

G'day Tomchri.

Sorry for the thread hijack folks, but where did you get the tail tidy/rear light assembly?

I reckon this area is one that needs a wee bit of attention on our bikes and yours looks pretty good!

Cheers Guzzler

Look up Pauldaytonas website paulsfastguzzipage. He has made these in carbon in the past.

http://www.fastguzzi.nl/

Ciao 

4 hours ago, cosmo said:

80CX100, Yes to the cable light. Interestingly enough, there was a paper sticker on the face of my ecu which was shot. Faded, fuzzy, and unreadable. It seemed odd that an ID sticker would be made of a material that degraded like that. Especially on a something that's spent its life garaged. I scraped it to see what was under it, and there was a ecu ID sticker .  Why it was covered, and with what, will remain a mystery.  15M now.  Recently I also found a cleverly hidden cable with a plug connection. Probably for the lambda. When I purchased the machine I had a local shop that had a dyno install the bits and pieces and program the Power Commander.  Dynoed in at 103 hp. It's run perfect until recently. Doubt that they did anything with the lambda.  I'm back to cracking the G/D and getting into the ecu.  Took a bit of a digger hiking the other day, saved my face but didn't do much good for my arm. It will be a few more days before getting my arm moving again. I can at least pound away the computer .    Thanks for your suggestions.

Hmmm.......I hope you dont believe its anywhere near that figure. 84HP is about the best you'll ever see from a stock bike with exhaust and tuning upgrades.

Ciao

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lucky Phil said:

Hmmm.......I hope you dont believe its anywhere near that figure. 84HP is about the best you'll ever see from a stock bike with exhaust and tuning upgrades.

Ciao

Hmmm! Yrrs! It's like people claiming they can get 130HP from an 8V Griso with a pipe, open airbox and a PCV..........

I scoff and break wind in their general direction.

• Haha 1

G'day Tomchri.
Cheers Guzzler
Thanks Guzzler. I just looked at the old bracket, and used that as a copy, minor adjustments. Works well and easyly made in an afternoon, for free.
Cheers Tom.
bca2f47128c481378f8716a00b8cc13f.jpg2c0daac2e6f5b4ea732cd6a7b1115f87.jpg

Sent fra min SM-A505FN via Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, cosmo said:

Possibly a crank calculation ? 

Possibly, but the yardstick for HP and torque measurements these days off a chassis/rolling road/inertia dyno is wheel HP and torque. Not that it's completely comparable between dynos as they are comparative measuring devices but 103HP was a figure that just jumped out as way too high.

If you do want to gain yourself some bragging horsepower on an inertia dyno just fit a racing slick and wheel for the dyno runs and you'll pickup a few HP for free. 

Ciao

10 hours ago, cosmo said:

Possibly a crank calculation ? 

Possibly, but it's still BS I fear. What I can't understand is what these dyno owners hope to achieve by spouting such guff? It certainly doesn't give them any credibility. I'd try and find a different dyno shop. One that gives realistic results.