Engine will not shutdown

JKV11

3 hours ago, JKV11 said:

The first one, the V23074 with 5 connectors

Is this the only 5-pin (5 connector) relay you have? Have you tried replacing it with a known good relay in that position?

(OMRON High Current G8HE relays are highly recommended!)

4 hours ago, gstallons said:

Which one of the large relays are you removing to stop the engine ? We will call the first relay from the front of the bike # 1 and the next one # 2 and so on........

Reread your original post to verify this is exactly what is happening . Have you or anyone installed , modified or replaced anything on this bike ? How long has this been going on ?

Hello Docc, i whent yesterday to the carpartsshop, and they had a new Relays and i tried this one, but thisdid'nt solve the problem.

• Like 1

IF this relay is the start relay that operates the starting motor , this 5 pin relay uses 5 wires and acts as a load shedding relay that feeds the headlight relay control OR the starting motor solenoid . It serves one purpose at a time . All other relays use four wires and each relay serves one purpose only . 

Again , has anything been modified , changed or added to on this bike in the last 6 months ? 

7 hours ago, gstallons said:

IF this relay is the start relay that operates the starting motor , this 5 pin relay uses 5 wires and acts as a load shedding relay that feeds the headlight relay control OR the starting motor solenoid . It serves one purpose at a time . All other relays use four wires and each relay serves one purpose only . 

Again , has anything been modified , changed or added to on this bike in the last 6 months ? 

Hello Gstallons, nothing has been modified only te battery and de startermotor have been replaced the last 6 months. But that's about 4 months ago, and it worked after replacing the parts without any problems. 

3 minutes ago, Kiwi_Roy said:

A most interesting problem

What year and what model is the bike?

I'm sure there is a simple explanation.

It is a 2003 V11 Scura.

Yesterday i checked again what is still working when i turn off the ignition switch and stop the engine with the kill switch; The low and high beam, the rear light, the dashboardlights and the horn all still working. The city light, indicator lights don't work. If i pull the clutch and push the startbuton, the electrical circuit shutsdown (like i turn off the ignition key). And i can start everything like normal by turning the ignition key to on.

43 minutes ago, Kiwi_Roy said:

A most interesting problem

What year and what model is the bike?

I'm sure there is a simple explanation.

Ah, finally our go to electrical guy arrives:)

Ciao

• Haha 1

At a first guess I would pull the ignition switch off to see if the wire is not broken and touching behind the switch.

Just undo the two Phillips screws that lets the block drop off.

Refresh the Vaseline while you have it off.

• Like 2

Today i took my ignition switch apart, there were no broken wires. Also the contacts looked good, not black or anything like that. Fresh Vaseline in the switch, but noting changed.

Have measured the resistance between the battery and the engine, 0,1 Ohm, so i don’t think this is a problem.

any other ideas?

10 minutes ago, docc said:

Has the bike been stored where a mouse could have damaged the wiring where it is hard to see?

No, and about 1/2 year ago, I had troubles with my clutch, I took the bike several times apart. But after that it worked wel for the entire time.

Relay #1, that you have changed, and Relay#2 work in tandem to energize these circuits.

I understand you have changed #1 for a new relay. It is good to change Relay#2 as well.

Again, OMRON G8HE 5-pin High Current relays are highly recommended for all five positions!

This may / may not help you , but you should replace all relays w/the part # docc gave you . 

this is going to be a small problem causing a lot of trouble . 

• Like 1