Any Experience with HyperPro Rear Shock on "03 LM?

Tom in Virginia

Anyone have any experience with this rear shock on an '03LM?  I have the fork spring kit installed in front forks from what PO paperwork tells me.  The rear shock remains stock and have had no problems with it, pretty satisfied overall but its getting up in age and may consider an affordable replacement.

https://www.webshop-hyperpro.com/en/motorbike/moto-guzzi/v11-le-mans/v11-le-mans/2002-2005/suspension/rear-suspension/rear-shock/MG11-0AA

19 hours ago, Tom in Virginia said:

Anyone have any experience with this rear shock on an '03LM?  I have the fork spring kit installed in front forks from what PO paperwork tells me.  The rear shock remains stock and have had no problems with it, pretty satisfied overall but its getting up in age and may consider an affordable replacement.

https://www.webshop-hyperpro.com/en/motorbike/moto-guzzi/v11-le-mans/v11-le-mans/2002-2005/suspension/rear-suspension/rear-shock/MG11-0AA

The Hyperpro looks good but dont exclude Wilbers as an option. I've worked on Ohlins (Proper race Ohlins as well as the "production" ones) Penske, Marzocchi, Bitubo and the std stuff and the Wilbers is a high quality unit they will build to a spec for your use and weight. I've run one for years. Just putting it out there as another option.

Ciao  

• Like 3

G'day

I've also got the Hyperpro and am happy with it !

I tried to get the Wilbers at the time but there was an issue with supply here in Victoria so went with above.

I reckon you'd be happy with either one as both are much better than stock!

Cheers Guzzler.

I bought a Hyperpro shock from Scud, who is on the forum sometimes, he bought it from the USA dealer in NJ. Haven't had a chance to ride the bike with it installed yet, but I'm sure it will be an improvement 

• Like 1

I have a top of the range Hyperpro on my Aprilia Mana. The stock shock, and forks, were utter shite. Front end wallowed, back end couldn't even try to hold a line! I invested a bit of cash in the fully adjustable front end off a Gen 2 Tuono at the front and the Hyperpro at the back. While it isn't a scalpel it's pretty close to a rapier and given the original set up was less like a cutlass and more like a combine harvester I'm really more than chuffed.

Hyperpro make a good shock.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2