Side Stand Switch Not Killing

LowRyter

geees, now you can't park the bike on the side stand and need more junk in the garage?   It was bad enough to purchase a rear stand for the Duc.  Now I need stand for the Sport so it won't fall over on it's own?   

So far as wrenching, I wouldn't trust the chocks I keep in the hauler.  Next time I see Darren, I'll get the tools out.

Thanks guys.

Those Baxley sport chocks are nice. I have one, but wouldn't mind having 1 (or 2) more. It was super-handy back when I used to do track days, both for loading the bike on the (rental) trailer, and for use in the paddock (because my sidestand would be removed due to dragging on the track). And if you use them to keep the bike upright, you may find you have more room in the garage than you used to :)

__Jason

• Like 2

I have the Condor version, two of them, and the Harbor Freight version bolted to the lift table. Invaluable for stationary work and for transport. This thing will vigorously hold a bike vertical without straps, though I do use 2 straps in the trailer. When I pulled my engine, the front tire rested in it, with 2 ratchet straps (in the rafters) lifting the rear.

71MSKMsIeVL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

• Like 2

1 minute ago, footgoose said:

I have the Condor version, two of them, and the Harbor Freight version bolted to the lift table. Invaluable for stationary work and for transport. This thing will vigorously hold a bike vertical without straps, though I do use 2 straps in the trailer. When I pulled my engine, the front tire rested in it, with 2 ratchet straps (in the rafters) lifting the rear

I also have one on the lift table. Roll the bike on and it stand by itself. Then you can leisurely put the straps on. You can pull the front part off with the bike on it if you need to remove the front wheel. I use a center stand for the bikes that have one or a flat jack for the Guzzi.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, docc said:

Makes me wonder if keeping my Sport on the lift in the chock all the time has helped spare my sidestand switch . . .

I think all the riding you do has kept it off the side stand just as much.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The guys at Baxley must be V11 fans, notice that their Black one is called "Black Crinkle"...just perfect for the engine paint on the Scura.   Very appropriate!

Looks like they have a whole line up of colors, might just have to get a Red one for my Red/Black Griso too!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, cash1000 said:

Or you could make your own stand like MartyNZ's. Couldn't find a picture of mine. Anyway Marty's is much better

Different stands for different purposes. I have a lift similar to that on order, but I wouldn't consider it a 1-for-1 replacement for the front wheel chock. For example, the Baxley chock (and similar) are incredibly useful for things like trailering and setting suspension sag. The center lift... not so much. On the other hand, the center lift is fantastic for getting the wheel off the ground with an unloaded suspension.

I currently have a Pit Boss front stand to lift the front of my bike(s).
I have one swingarm lift that fits my Ducati, and a second (Pit Boss) swingarm lift that fits the Guzzi.
Also, a Baxley front wheel chock.
And I have a V11 center lift currently on order.

I have more lifts/stands than I do bikes, but I have particular uses for all of them! 😂

__Jason

• Like 1