Rear wheel transplant on V-11 Greenie

Twin AH

Greetings all.......... was wondering if anyone has changed the 4,5 rear on the V-11 Greenie for a 5,5 from the next Generation V-11?

I know that you can exchange the 4.5 from a Rosso Mandello to a 5.5 but not sure if there would be room on the Greenie for the same transplant?

Thx in advance

• Like 1

You should be able to go either direction, although I can't imagine why you would want to replace the 4.5" wide earlier wheel with the wider, heavier, later 5.5" wheel.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, GuzziMoto said:

You should be able to go either direction, although I can't imagine why you would want to replace the 4.5" wide earlier wheel with the wider, heavier, later 5.5" wheel.

+1

These bikes don't put out nearly enough power to warrant fat rear wheels/tires. If you do decide to "upgrade", just keep in mind that any improvement will mainly be cosmetic, and it will probably decrease handling performance. For reference, I run a 160 width tire on a 4.5" wheel, and my modified V11 is likely more powerful than most. The "narrow" tire is just peachy on it, and I have no interest in anything wider.

But, with that said... to each, their own... so if you want to make it happen anyway, more power to ya. I believe people have made the "upgrade", so there is probably some info to be found by searching the forum.

__Jason

9 hours ago, Twin AH said:

Greetings all.......... was wondering if anyone has changed the 4,5 rear on the V-11 Greenie for a 5,5 from the next Generation V-11?

I know that you can exchange the 4.5 from a Rosso Mandello to a 5.5 but not sure if there would be room on the Greenie for the same transplant?

Thx in advance

I have yes. It's a straight bolt on

Ciao