More upright riding position

MarinRider

The Breva, as well as the 1200 Sport, have a completely different frame and swingarm system. Th certainly look more "upright", but let's wait for folks who have some side-by-side experience to enlighten!

Didn't someone just post that you could reposition the pegs in lower positions with mounts are already in the frame?  Just purchase a couple of bolts and good to go. 

I was tempted to do that but forgot about the thread.  

6 hours ago, MarinRider said:

I have a 2003 V11 Le Mans Rosso Corsa.  I love the bike, but I can no longer tolerate the riding position.

Isn't the Breva 1100 the same bike except in a more upright position?

I would some advice?

Milt

Just update it to handlebars mounted to the top triple clamp and a peg lowering kit if necessary.

Ciao 

As mentioned, the Breva is a very different Guzzi. The 1100 cc engine is a evolution of the engine in the V11, but it does have a different character. But the bigger difference is in the handling. The chassis of the V11 is very different from the chassis of the Breva. The Breva lacks the sharpness of the V11. The Breva is a cushy motorcycle, and can be a very comfy ride. But with a few smart mods the V11 can be made more comfortable. Lower foot pegs, converting to handle bars or higher clip ons, and a even a different or modified seat, can all help make the V11 more comfortable if required.

It is easier to make a better handling motorcycle more comfortable than it is to make a more comfortable motorcycle handle better.

And welcome to the forum.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hello,you are not alone in your search for a better riding position for your V11.

Here is an article that I  found helpful in addressing this problem, http://www.obairlann.net/reaper/motorcycle/guzzi/ergos/ 

The peg lowering is accomplished by using Centauro foot pegs and levers, seems like a very clean way to go,although these parts are very hard to find.

Let us know how you make out on this,and Welcome!

img_1729 (2).jpg

49 minutes ago, docc said:

What happens on the shifter side since the Centauro is a 5-speed and the mechanism entirely different from the V11?

There's a specific peg lowering kit for the V11's isn't there? Also I believe there's been info in the past here about converting to standard triple mounted bars which doesn't seem much of a stretch, pun intended. I'm getting a feeling that the OP really just wants a different bike, might be wrong its just a feeling in my water:)

Ciao

• Haha 1

Hi Doc, if you read the article  it explains that a small bracket needs to be fabricated to adapt the Centauro lever.

This photo kind of shows the mod that is needed ,but isn't really clear. Don't think it's to tuff to fabricate. 

I'm getting ready to try this set up,but I'm hoping for Chuck's lever extension part to be installed at the same time, not sure how it's going to work out.

img_1725 (1).jpg

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, Bob Maynard said:

https://st-paul-harley-davidson-buell.myshopify.com/products/n0006-1ad-buell-rider-footpeg-pair-kit-for-xb-models-l19b?_pos=44&_sid=b5bcae7fc&_ss=r

St Paul’s only have the right peg in stock. They also force you into a pidgeon toed stance to shift and brake. 

If you run those pegs you'll probably also need to modify your std brake and shifter to take these. Note they come with a plate that allows you to adjust the top peg height.

Ciao