Cool 1100 Tonti

Kane

Check out this custom build 1100 Sport Tonti:

Anyone know these guys? I’ve seen pics of a few MotoNero builds, and it looks like they like putting the later V11 motors in the earlier Tonti frames. It looks like a smaller front wheel than the rear (perhaps a 17” and an 18”?), like the LMIV set-up.

• Like 3

What a Magni should have looked like.  Sounds like lightened flywheel, unless flat slides make that much of a difference.

21 hours ago, fotoguzzi said:

The headlights are..    Meh..

I like that they have a front fender.

Dual round headlights: Classic 80s endurance racing stuff. Look at the gen1 GSXRs. 

On 9/9/2020 at 6:19 AM, po18guy said:

What a Magni should have looked like.  Sounds like lightened flywheel, unless flat slides make that much of a difference.

Well we are all different I guess, but nice though it is and has the advantage of modern forks etc: I much prefer the looks of the Magni

ACtC-3c7smqHkaX7zmehm8L7ESb1od-F9NeyAdMz

Side and rear 3/4 of the Magni are fine. But the nose...the single headlight is fine. The Sfida 1100i is just horrid from the front aspect. The point of the custom V11 Tonti is the power and torque, the 6 speed and the top level suspension components. Oh, and the taste of the owner who paid for it all. It would look lovely in my garage.  

Frankly, IMO the MGS-01 smacks them all down, Ghezzi & Brian included. Kevin Cameron of Cycle Magazine called the MGS-01 "impossibly beautiful." Cannot disagree. If there was a body kit that wasn't too cheesy, I would be sorely tempted. 

• Like 2

I'd agree to an extent but wouldn't quite go so far as to say the 1100 is horrible, I'd agree it's not nearly as nice a design as the Sfida 1000. I'm at odds with how Magni's take is horrid, compared with Guzzi's on the Sporti. The Guzzi version for the UK (and I think the US), where they junked the trapazoid headlight and installed the rectangular unit was even worse. I can remember my disappointment when I purchased an early Daytona and it had that setup compared to the trapazoid in the brochures

I think the Sfida 1100i looks great with the fairing added when Magni produced the Giappone, which is essentially a Sfida 1100 with USD forks, the Magni V11 exhuasts and a full fairing. I'm thinking about the fairing as a possible winter project for mine

_MYk4KxcwoQ9pP8d-0Z5yRGDh6GCgN4tfau7hGV4

I can understand the beauty of the MGS but its never really sang out that loud to me and the input from, was it Ghezzi or Brian? is obvious. As you can see I love the Magnis and prefer the Australia design over the MGS. Perhaps it's an age thing, I'm getting on a bit and prefer curves to angular, but that's simply taste (and mine may well be up my ass)

Vive la difference po18guy

You do know about the Guareschci don't you? Not identical but if you were looking to have something close to an MGS for the road it's not so bad, I Iike it a lot

IMG_20180605_144730_resized_20180605_101

Oh just one more to clarify Magni actually produced HiCam and an 1100 sport engines stuffed into his version of the Tonti chassis in very limited numbers.

EDIT

As well as a few Sfidas being stuffed into Magni's version of the Tonti I also meant to add that the Australia 92 (they were built in 2 batches in 92 and 98, as I recall) had the same tontiesque frame too. It was only the later Australia 98s that were beam/spine framed.

I can't find any pictures right now but there were a few

Anyway I'll get ma coat, nuff said by me

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This popped up on my YouTube feed and it's a rather nicely done Tonti - well, 3/4 of a Tonti anyway, as he explains. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

The more of the video you watch the more you appreciate the build.  All done in a Very modest shop and on a tight budget.   Very nicely done.  That YouTube channel is excellent by the way,.

7 hours ago, Dave Swanson said:

The more of the video you watch the more you appreciate the build.  All done in a Very modest shop and on a tight budget.   Very nicely done.  That YouTube channel is excellent by the way,.

I'll certainly e watching more of it.

As long as they aren't taking a perfectly good Guzzi and turning it into some stupid "chopper" abomination I am good with it. These are all cool Guzzi's. The MGS 01 is, to me, the coolest Guzzi ever sold (the V8 GP bike was never really "sold"). But it was really a factory Ghezzi & Brian as I understand it.

I especially enjoy the current trend of build what look like old cafe bikes but with modern suspension and brakes. That is kinda what my Daytona has become. But I haven't put the effort in that some have. Mine isn't nearly as well done as the first bike in the thread.