Found in FB Marketplace, not mine: 2001 V11 sport, $3300, Virginia beach

Randy

2 hours ago, docc said:

Listed 11 weeks ago. "Low miles" is anything less than 118,000? ;)

15,726 miles. I asked about it yesterday and he still has it. I don't need another V11 lol...

107613069_3689045474444858_1575528787597468274_o.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, LowRyter said:

Don't forget the gearbox bracket. 

Was there an actual recall on that?
This bracket sort of baffles me... some bikes had it, some don't... wasn't clear to me if the problem with that was real or perceived. Its all academic for me, though... because mine came with it 😂 

__Jason

15 minutes ago, jtucker said:

Was there an actual recall on that?
This bracket sort of baffles me... some bikes had it, some don't... wasn't clear to me if the problem with that was real or perceived. Its all academic for me, though... because mine came with it 😂 

__Jason

The bracket simply stopped being applied after the very earliest V11 Sports. Mine is a March 2000 build and did not have it. I was not aware any US V11 had it from the factory.

It is such a fiddly thing to fit around the fuel injection that I've always suspected it was eliminated for simplicity of assembly.  Enough early V11 gearboxes have cracked to prompt many of us to retrofit one.

• Like 1

I have no idea what month mine was built in, but it's a 2000 and has the bracket. I'm assuming it came that way, or else my dealer added one without mentioning it to me.

ZGUKRAKR2YM112722

__Jason

1 hour ago, jtucker said:

I have no idea what month mine was built in, but it's a 2000 and has the bracket. I'm assuming it came that way, or else my dealer added one without mentioning it to me.

ZGUKRAKR2YM112722

__Jason

My March 2000 build is 112641, so presumably built earlier than yours, Jason. Build date is on the left side headstock plaque.

The black Sport certainly looks nice, although it is really impossible to tell from a single image.

It would be nice to see some actual service records, see it start up and ride nicely with both the tach and speedo working . . . .

52 minutes ago, docc said:

My March 2000 build is 112641, so presumably built earlier than yours, Jason. Build date is on the left side headstock plaque.

Yeah, looks like mine is April 2000. Again... curious that mine has the bracket.

__Jason

• Like 1

Right :rasta: and on my Greenie, no sign of any brackets, no sign of any grinding marks underneath the spine.

Cheers tom.

7 minutes ago, Chuck said:

(Ahem.) This *is* Guzzi we are talking about here.. :rasta:

Even more "this is Italian". My 851 Ducati from 1987 arrived in the country during the change over to the international 17 digit VIN system. It had an engraved steel plate with the VIN on it stick welded over the original frame number stamped on the head stock by the Australian distributor. I can just imagine dealing with this piece of work authorities wise for the owner if it was ever necessary 30 or 40 years later. 

Ciao