What are they thinking?

Lucky Phil

Came across this thing advertised. You all know my views on this type of bike so I wont bore you with my views again.

What if find hilarious is the studio shots in the DARK. Exactly what you need when considering a $45,000 purchase, lol. 

It gives the impression that there's not much to see and what there is we better try and hide.

https://gtmotocycles.com/collections/builds

Ciao

180807_GuzziTech_GTM01_032_1000x_crop_ce

• Like 1

I'll be the devil's advocate here. I've seen Todd's stuff, and it is first rate. Would I be a buyer? No. Make that Hell no. There are many in SoCal that the price of one of these is pocket change, though. I wish him the best.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lucky Phil said:

Came across this thing advertised. You all know my views on this type of bike so I wont bore you with my views again.

What if find hilarious is the studio shots in the DARK. Exactly what you need when considering a $45,000 purchase, lol. 

It gives the impression that there's not much to see and what there is we better try and hide.

https://gtmotocycles.com/collections/builds

Ciao

Sounds like a few women I knew in my younger days...:-)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The moody lighting isn’t really relevant for me.

The price is damn high but...

115 ft. lbs. Torque would be hella lot fun!

140 HP & 10 second Quarters would be nice.

If someone pulled up on one I’d be ambling over for a interested chat for sure!

Good luck to him

1 hour ago, ScuRoo said:

The moody lighting isn’t really relevant for me.

The price is damn high but...

115 ft. lbs. Torque would be hella lot fun!

140 HP & 10 second Quarters would be nice.

If someone pulled up on one I’d be ambling over for a interested chat for sure!

Good luck to him

I wouldn't because I'd already know I'd be wasting time talking to a tool.

Ciao

• Haha 1

This is the Moto Guzzi V11 forum, right?  That thing is about as far from a V11 as one can get, even outside what a transverse, air cooled, 90 degree twin should be subjected to, meaning Piaggio will likely sign up the creator for their MG design team.  Then again, after their MGX-21 Flying Fartstress, there's no where to go but up.  :vomit:

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Kostarika said:

For me, this guys have the best kit in the market for a Guzzi. Period

image.jpeg

Yes the Guareschi brothers kit. It's very nice but have a think. You are taking an engine, transmission and final drive that is totally unsuited to a cutting edge pointy ended sports motorcycle and creating something thats trying to be just that. It's wheelbase is too long by a mile, its way to heavy, its an across the frame V twin, its not water cooled. I like the engine and drive system just fine but you're wasting your time using it in this context. Its natural element is in a GT style road bike. A Griso is about as close to a "sports bike" as this engine , gearbox and drive line should be to a cutting edge sports bike/track orientated tool.

Ciao      

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Lucky Phil said:

Yes the Guareschi brothers kit. It's very nice but have a think. You are taking an engine, transmission and final drive that is totally unsuited to a cutting edge pointy ended sports motorcycle and creating something thats trying to be just that. It's wheelbase is too long by a mile, its way to heavy, its an across the frame V twin, its not water cooled. I like the engine and drive system just fine but you're wasting your time using it in this context. Its natural element is in a GT style road bike.[b] A Griso is about as close to a "sports bike" as this engine , gearbox and drive line should be to a cutting edge sports bike/track orientated tool.[/b]

Ciao      

This! As I spend an awful lot of time saying about the CARC bikes in general, love them for what they are. Not what they're not!

You can make a superb 'Road' bike out of a Griso but even if you could get it to make 130hp, which you can't, it would still be utterly uncompetitive as a track tool.

And before people start bleating at me that they've seen Dyno charts showing preposterous claimed power outputs I can assure you that having built a couple of 1400 Hi-Cams now and had Mark log build maps for them there are several things about these 'Super Hi-Cams' that just don't cut the mustard. You want to understand? Sit down with me one day and I'll go through it but I'm not going to waste my time 'splainin' it on the internets because people will still believe in the unicorns because that's what people want! Some of them anyway.....

• Like 4
  • Haha 1