How About Some Pics from The Roads Down Under

Kane

Being here has made me realize how many of us V11 devotees hail from The Land of Oz. That seems really cool and interesting. Not that it’s a totally obscure place, but with our riders from the states, and a good bunch from the UK and the EU, Australia seems pretty well represented here as well. I’ve never had the pleasure of being there, nor do I know much about the place other than reading Bruce Chatwin’s book, “The Songlines”, which has nothing to do with motorcycles. There must be something about the place that fosters motorbike riding, as evidenced by our good brothers, and I hope sisters, from Australia. I imagine a lot of wide open roads and big sky and space, but really I know nothing. 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Here you go, one of my favourite Aussie road images. Always enjoy seeing this through the screen just before popping up for the braking marker. Turn 1 Phillip Island Bass Straight in the distance.

Ciao

maxresdefault.jpg

• Like 7

On 12/23/2020 at 5:15 PM, Lucky Phil said:

Here you go, one of my favourite Aussie road images. Always enjoy seeing this through the screen just before popping up for the braking marker. Turn 1 Phillip Island Bass Straight in the distance.

Ciao

maxresdefault.jpg

Casey Stoner approves!

Here's one I took today just coming back to Bungendore from Canberra. This is looking east, towards Canberra. The hills in the background are the Brindabella ranges.

[img]https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/50774006347_c3149ab384_z.jpg[/img]

This is the South East corner of Oz. I'll see if I can find some more remote ones later.

Bugger, I forget the usual pasting of a URL doesn't work.....

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/28/2020 at 11:17 PM, pete roper said:

Here's one I took today just coming back to Bungendore from Canberra. This is looking east, towards Canberra. The hills in the background are the Brindabella ranges.

50774006347_c3149ab384_z.jpg

This is the South East corner of Oz. I'll see if I can find some more remote ones later.

What with snow on the ground, and my Sport on the battery conditioner, I've been hoping for more enticing views of our brothers riding in the Summer Hemisphere . . . :sun:

• 2 weeks later...

I'd love to hear his commentary if he rode something that actually made genuine power. Sounds like it needs the mapping sorting between 3-4k from the commentary. 

The V11 needs a technique to shift cleanly even without the extended shift arm.

Ciao