How About Some Pics from The Roads Down Under

Kane

Lucky Phil’s Shift Improvement along with the extended lever certainly help, but his advice to preload the shift lever and take the slack out of the clutch before making the shift is most important. I was doing this before, but after reading his Shift Improvement thread, I am surprised at how much preload the lever will take, especially downshifting. 

It was fun listening to the rider laughing maniacally in his helmet with the acceleration. Those look like great V11 roads!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, gstallons said:

I must be doin' somethin' wrong . Once I get rolling , I don't use the clutch until I come to a stop 

I knew that dude was in trouble when he pulled in the clutch headed into the corner . . . :o

• 3 weeks later...

Sure do hope our brothers in the Southern Hemisphere keep the riding pictures coming. Buzz says, "We'll pay you back in a few months. Promise!"

DSCN2506.jpg

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Lucky Phil said:

Don't remind me docc, winter is on its way:(

Ciao

Exactly! Y'all boys get out and ride!   :race:

. . .  I think I'll check my battery (again) and maybe try to reseal that gearbox sideplate . . .

8 minutes ago, footgoose said:

Did you get what you needed?

Not yet. On the way from the UK, "Royal Post", so I feel confident. :sun:

The seal isn't really what is leaking. It's the sorry job I did replacing the sideplate after my last inspection/ Chuck-made~Scud Spring /and partial Lucky Phil Shift Improvement.

Really just looking to keep up a relationship with my Sport while there are Winter Weather Advisories . . .

(Thanks for asking, :notworthy:  footgoose!  :thumbsup: )

Tonight, I had to learn what is "graupel" and riming.  Turned the V11 on and warmed its PC545 for a few minutes.

Gives me high hopes to see pics of actual riding from The Flip-Side . . . .

On 2/13/2021 at 7:53 PM, docc said:

Really just looking to keep up a relationship with my Sport while there are Winter Weather Advisories . . .

Some  how I have a picture in my head of you going downstairs to fondle on her again. And all she does is roll her blinkers at you all the while thinking 

"Is he really going to do this again":rasta:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

So little action here re Aussie roads. I have so few electronic images of riding, most are old printed stuff. Here's a few from more recent times although a bit boring.

This is a fairly large water reservoir near home that I visit often as it's on one of my usual country rides. I like to keep an eye on it's condition as its one of the main water supplies for Melbourne. I've seen it looking dismal and beautiful over the years depending on its level. There is a sailing club and a couple of picnic areas around it and a very nice 18 klm long open bushland walk around its perimeter which the wife and I have done quite a few time. Out there is total quiet except for the birds most of the times.

Here's the Guzzi parked there a few years ago.

IMG_0074.JPG

My old ST2 parked at one of the picnic areas.

IMG_0141.JPG

Here's a shot I got there on a very still day. Very reflective mood.

IMG_0078.JPG

A trip into the city a few years ago to have lunch with my wife.

IMG_2186.JPG

A Sunday at my local hill climb about 10 min from home.

IMG_1764.JPG

The end of my street. 30 min drive from the heart of Melbourne.

IMG_1425.JPG 

Ciao

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, footgoose said:

NO Guzzi bike pics are boring. Or a Cobra Daytona Coupe!

The end of your street could be 30 min outside of Indianapolis from the look of it.

I thought I might build a Daytona Coupe one day, then I sat in that one and changed my mind. 6'2" people need not apply.

Ciao