How About Some Pics from The Roads Down Under

Kane

On 12/30/2021 at 4:37 PM, NicoNZ said:

May as well continue adding to this thread. May it not be my last contribution :-).

Mangakino area, middle of the North Island. Stopped at the Waipapa Dam beside the Waikato river. Was a 500km day 10th December this year.

Mangakino (8).jpg

Don't stop now! It just snowed a fourth time here in January. We're counting on you guys to keep our fires kindled! Pay you back in June . . . :sun:

Mangakino (8).jpg

• Like 3

On 1/29/2022 at 4:15 PM, docc said:

Don't stop now! It just snowed a fourth time here in January. We're counting on you guys to keep our fires kindled! Pay you back in June . . . :sun:

Mangakino (8).jpg

Ok...bit of a ride to Taupo the other day. Another nice one

Taupo1.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, NicoNZ said:

Ok...bit of a ride to Taupo the other day. Another nice one

Taupo1.jpg

"Ground Hog Day" here means the dead of winter and high hopes to ride again.

Many thanks to our South'n-Hemi brothers to keep us encouraged!   :drink:

• Like 2

17 hours ago, docc said:

"Ground Hog Day" here means the dead of winter and high hopes to ride again.

Many thanks to our South'n-Hemi brothers to keep us encouraged!   :drink:

Hey I must tell the wife that for this reason I have to get out and ride more. A pity its a long holiday weekend here but rain forecast the whole three days. :huh2:

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 12/17/2021 at 6:39 PM, docc said:

The Legnano green Sport looks so capable and composed. While the triple, and especially its exhaust, looks like a pleated skirt from a Leonard Cohen song that you could cut your lip on. I mean, I like it, but I've cut my lip on pleated skirts before, too . . . .  :huh:

As we northern hemispherists enter the Season of Mice and Ice, we look forward to what you chaps are up to . . .

:race:    :pic:     :drink:

Well, I must say our  :notworthy: Southern Hemisphere Brothers have totally come through for the rest of us through our "Winter of Riding Dreams."  I suppose riding season may be coming into some weather-related limitations down there?

I hope that we No'th-ners return the encouragement and inspiration while all-y'all charge batteries and fight off the mice&ice . . .

Many thanks! :drink:

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

G'day folk's

Well negotiations have taken a startling turn for the better....

We have a long weekend coming up in a couple of weeks and the  minister has given her  approval for a 3 x day getaway!

WooHoo

And you wouldn't believe it we are currently having significant weather issues down here for the first week of winter just to rub my nose in it!

So we have a week from Saturday for it to ease up so we can get away.The high country is definitely OUT but we have an alternative if Good ole Mother nature comes to the party....

Fingers and Toes are crossed....

Cheers Guzzler

• Like 4

@guzzler, Perhaps this is the ride you alluded to in this post on Eighteenth South'n SpineRaid  back in February?

" We were hit pretty hard with lockdowns and restrictions etc so when they lifted.....

EXODUS to the regions especially as we still couldn't travel interstate, so EVERYWHERE was booked out.

I'm going to try and getaway near the end of summer when it'll have settled down!

Cheers Guzzler "

• Like 1

Indeed it is Doc.

Between one thing and another just haven't been able to get away either at summers end or even bloody autumn!

Now that the planets are aligning in winter we're being hit with a second polar blast of weather again this week with single digit daily high's and 0 to 3 overnight, snow down to 600 metres means the usual stomping grounds ( the high country ) is out! And it hasn't stopped raining for 2 weeks!

Been a bit windy too...!

Just to add to the litany of woe, I think I'm coming down with a cold ( not Covid thankfully - so far anyways!).

But bugger it we've hatched a plan!

Stay away from the snow and Ice of the high ground by skirting round them and up to the border ( Victoria /NSW ) on Saturday where we have a room in the Tallangatta pub booked Sat and Sunday.Then on Sunday ride the Murray river valley loop/circuit with maybe a wee diversion or two and dinner and drinks with the locals again Sunday night, then head for home Monday.I've ridden the southern part several times but only recently driven the northern part which actually follows the river ( which is the actual border ) and thought holy shit this would be a ripper on a bike.In fact a couple of well known bike magazines have used these roads to test bikes for many years so should be good....If all goes well.

Now just gotta hope this cold doesn't get any worse! ( or the  bloody weather too for that matter)

Cheers Guzzler  

Ps camera is ready to go and hope to take a couple of shots

• Like 3

Well folk's looks like the curse continues...

This bloody cold/flu has worsened and set in for a bit so any thoughts of getting away on the bikes this weekend have been shelved!

The last time I rode with a cold it didn't end well so everything postponed for another week.

Bugger, but come hell or high water we're off then!

Cheers Guzzler

Ps Maybe I shouldn't tempt fate as I did mention on Tuesday in the office that  it would be my luck to get crook this week and lo and behold it started Wednesday and may not be a good idea to tempt the weather gods either  as they seem pretty pissed off lately too...!

So to the deities of health and weather ... How about a break?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

@guzzler have you considered the healing power of a V11? it is probably the best remedy available to any kind of "under the weather" symptom.

Being honest, I have not yet tried it with the Le Mans, however I remember that in the 70's a good ride would remove any reminiscing symptoms of a cold.

Maybe our bodies produce special anticorps when we ride those bikes? but this is something I observed may times. Starting the ride with a bit of something, and coming back and feeling a lot better.

Try it, and let us know.

• Like 1

G'day mate.

I know full well the healing power of the V11 ( mental healing )!

Having only ridden half a dozen times this year am desperate to get out for a decent ride eh.

My problem is that when I were a mere slip of a fool back in the eighties,I ( and girlfriend at the time ) hopped on the GPZ900 and went up into the hills for a weekend getaway.This was winter and unbeknownst to me on the Saturday morning when we set out I was developing a cold. Well after ripping up over the Spur  got to Marysville early so decided to have a bit of fun blasting up the Buxton rd at $2.00 +!

Now this was all well and good and a great time was had until we got home Sunday arvo.Gee not feeling crash hot but a hot bath will do the trick followed by an early night.Next morning up and away to work but come smoko at 10am I was in a hell of a state.Wandering ( and I mean wandering ) across one of the busiest roads in Melbourne to the medical centre to see a Dr, who upon examining me went nuts WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING / I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU'RE UPRIGHT AND MOVING...!

Oh dear this'll be good I thought in as much capacity as I could think and he tells me to go and sit over there and I'll see you again in 30 minutes.If your temperature goes up another half a degree I'm calling an ambulance and you're being admitted to hospital asap.I'm in my own wee world where not much except breathing matters but was relieved when said temp stayed put.He was still all for admitting me but I swore I'd go home and take it easy.

So wobble back across the road to work hand them the note from the Dr and I'm driven home.

That was me for a month ( Pneumonia ) and it bloody near killed me! I swear I've never been as ill in all my life,and in those days I was fit and pretty strong as worked very physically in a VERY PHYSICAL industry!

Anyways I survived ( obviously ) albeit some 2 x stone lighter ha ha not that I needed to lose weight by the way.

Only once since have I made the mistake again bloody hell I even knew I had a wee cold this time but thought ah I'll be ok it's only a few hours...

Well no Pneumonia this time ( Thank God ) but it turned a wee cold to a NASTY Flu and blew an eardrum which took Months to come good...

So needless to say I'm a little wary of riding when crook...

Anyways we've re-booked for next weekend and I'm off-work ( hence this rambling /bumbling mumbling discourse ) trying to get well enough to ensure that we do indeed get away next weekend....

Take care folk's

Cheers Guzzler

Ps As I sit here in the study typing this the F...ing sun has just come out......!!

If I see that Black cat in the yard again I'm gunna kick it's arse over the fence!!!

Pps metaphorically of course ( I do like the wee blert  and anyway I'm in no shape to kick anything at the moment lest it's me and it involves a bucket

• Like 1
  • Haha 1