Seventeenth South'n Spine Raid 2021

docc

I am going to Murray for my first meeting to schedule everything . I want them both fixed a the same time . Be in prayer for me this goes PERFECTLY ! I can hardly walk as it is . 

• Like 5

Kinda spooky stopping in at the Lodge at Tellico to the empty garage.

Only The Ghost of SpineRaids Past . . .

IMG_5365.jpg

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

Coming from Houston to ride the area in the first two weeks of Sept,  If I were to show up on my Norge and not the Scura, would I be allowed to park the bike in the same building as the V11’s?

Are there any rooms left for the Spine raid?  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, PJPR01 said:

Coming from Houston to ride the area in the first two weeks of Sept,  If I were to show up on my Norge and not the Scura, would I be allowed to park the bike in the same building as the V11’s?

Anyone enthusiastic about the V11 will likely be comfortable at a South'n SpineRaid.  We hardly ever scrounge parts off Norges. But, mebbe . . .  :luigi:  <_<:huh:

Rooms left at The Lodge? Dunno at this point . . .  :huh2:

There is a motorcycle campground very nearby, and often SpineRaiders at The Lodge might have a wee space to share a bunk.

Comes down to:

Get There.

Bring Tools.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, PJPR01 said:

I've been to SSR's on my Ballabio, Norge, Griso, EV, and Stornello.  Not sure which this year, but my V7 III is a SSR virgin, so mebbe.  :bike:

I found it humiliating at first to be made to sit outside the covered area by the fire pit for post-ride benchracing and belching, but have gotten over that.  :D

Bill

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Once upon a time, SpineRaiders gathered for a grand loop on Saturday. More recently, it has worked out much mo' better to choose-up into small squads, solo, duos and whatever-you-like for the Saturday riding. Not only is this safer and kinder, the Saturday evening debriefing (libations on the pavilion and in the garage) are much livelier, varied, and more interesting.

It is quite common to cross the Cherohala Skyway eastward toward the "Tail of the Dragon" / Deal's Gap. Some feel compelled to traverse those 318 curves in 11 miles. So they can say they did. And be legit getting the sticker and the T-shirt. Just be aware how congested that stretch is on the weekends. Factor in strict law enforcement, sharing the way with unskilled riders/drivers, and long delays for the quite common and often ugly collision incidents.  Not to deter you from snatching up this iconic stretch of motorcycle road. My last ride over and back was enjoyable, uneventful, and fun. I got-me a couple stickers. Jus' sayin' . . . be aware.

Otherwise, an interesting lunch spot opened a few years back quite near that locus that has great food and covered motorcycle parking. It has become quite enjoyable to "run into" other SpineRaiders lunching at the Tapoco Lodge.

Patio.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

• Like 3

That looks like a great lunch spot Docc!

Looks like I got lucky...and secured the last room at the lodge, had a nice chat with Walt yesterday, so I'm booked the 10th/11th at Tellico lodge, with a departure on the 12th to meander back to Houston by the 14th.  I notice that there is a nice bakery in town called Tellico Grains, looks like a must visit place as well for a breakfast or lunch spot.  I'm guessing prior Spine raiders/riders have been there and can suggest the tastiest options!

As tempted as I am to ride the Scura, it's a long haul from Houston, so 95% chances are that I'll be on the Norge.  Sounds like I need to pack some Loctite to avoid pilfering of valuable parts...although I suspect there's not a whole lot of interchangeability as I look at the fleet in the garage other than tires, but for now I'll keep the Griso in between the Norge and the Scura to prevent any feelings of jealousy from cropping up before the trek out east.

Hoping for nice weather, riding conditions in that part of the country look wonderful with plenty of interesting sights to see along the way.

• Like 4

Seeing as how we have largely mastered these SpineFrame beasts, there are more important TechSessions to consider . . . :food:

IMG-1587.JPG

• Like 4

Needs more bacon!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1