Seventeenth South'n Spine Raid 2021

docc

odd ball.JPG

@HRC_V4 . . . If your buddy's name is "Bill", bring him along. TDM are edgy-fringe and he can keep company with our treasured SpineRaider friend: IndianaYamaBill, along with NYHondaScott  , but also other "Scotts" like @sctt2525 and PA_baddass-Jackal_Scott and more "Bills" like HotDog&Griso-Ballabio-Norge-Bill  (you know who you are. I'm not namin' any names, but his initials are:  @Bill Hagan

Some things never change:

Get There.

Bring Tools.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I'll try to bring him next year even though his name is Don, he is in to odd bikes too, he had a CB-1 and an NSR250SP, but now TDM and a couple of VFRs. Going back and forth between the Quota and TDM was strange, very different takes on early adventure bikes.

• Haha 1

He wouldn't be the first odd-Don at a South'n SpineRaid. B)

Pretty jazzed to get eyes on your RedWonders. And lay ears to that sweet Ambassador . . . :bier:

• Like 1

It is going to be interesting just what % of SpineRaiders bring a SpineFrame.  Seems their rarity is on the rise.

Even at a SpineRaid !

I can say the inaugural South'n Spine Raid, 2004, was 100% SpineFrames (n = 4), but they were "new" bikes back then. As well as unknown quantities at the time . . .  :huh:  

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

16 hours ago, docc said:

It is going to be interesting just what % of SpineRaiders bring a SpineFrame.  Seems their rarity is on the rise.

Even at a SpineRaid !

I can say the inaugural South'n Spine Raid, 2004, was 100% SpineFrames (n = 4), but they were "new" bikes back then. As well as unknown quantities at the time . . .  :huh:  

Still toying with the notion of bringing the Aermacchi. ;)

• Like 2

18 hours ago, docc said:

Even at a SpineRaid !

Best to you and your neighbors.  It looks like the storm might cause some flooding.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LowRyter said:

Best to you and your neighbors.  It looks like the storm might cause some flooding.  

Thank you, Sir! There was some lethal flooding here in middle Tennessee a couple weeks ago. Looks like this tropical system is sliding through uneventfully.  Plus, it appears someone we know named "Ida" has invited a big blue "H" to come from Manitoba. There are still some things that can cross the Canadian border without asking permission . . .

IMG_5561.png

• Like 2

The damage from Fred looked really nasty around Cruso area, I saw the Blue Ridge Motorcycle campground got completely washed away...I wanted to visit that on the trip out.  I hope they'll rebuild!

Hope Tellico and surrounding areas stay clean and rideable for the raid!

• Thanks 1

I'm a couple hours north of Tellico Planes, just some rain and light wind, more rain coming but I think it will be ok, supposed to blow through by tomorrow evening.  The nice part is the cooler weather, high 70's Thursday and Friday, time to do some test rides.

• Like 1

Learned over on w/g that there is a new Guzzi dealer in the area: https://www.starpowersportstn.com

About an hour & a half a way on back(ish) roads.

Might stop in on the way down to check out the place.

Bill

P.S. What's left of Ida is pouring outside just now.  Sure glad not riding.  :wacko:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Reservations in for Thurs and Fri nights, only problem is waiting to see if there is a cancellation for Saturday night :(. Didn't know if I could get the time off until today.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, HRC_V4 said:

Are people showing up on Thursday?  I will be on LC on Thursday, so I can run over in the afternoon.

Don't know about others but my wife and I are.

• Like 2

On 8/30/2021 at 9:42 PM, docc said:

Even at a SpineRaid !

Unless something unexpected happens I'll be bringing the Coppa. Otherwise it will be the Griso.

• Like 1