Seventeenth South'n Spine Raid 2021

docc

Ready to launch here ... on the Guzzi shown in avatar.  The burdens of a (moto-)harem.  ;)

The Norge is (almost) ready.  Will do a check ride tomorrow with Kathi, The Perfect Pillion & Polish Princess.  :wub:

i-CNHkZQn-L.jpg

I'll head SE on Thursday; RON somewhere along the way that night.  TPPPP will cage it on Friday in the old (as in '09, with 258K miles! :notworthy:) Fit.  Always nice to have a support vehicle chasing me ... at a distance.  :bike:

Bill

• Like 5

I know y'all are always on your best behavior. Something special this year, we are the guests of the new innkeepers, Bryan and Catherine. :wub:

Not sure who the "other group" is at the lodge, but they probably aren't bringing any viable parts bikes we could use. :luigi:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, docc said:

I know y'all are always on your best behavior. Something special this year, we are the guests of the new innkeepers, Brian and Catherine. :wub:

Not sure who the "other group" is at the lodge, but they probably aren't bringing any viable parts bikes we could use. :luigi:

:ph34r:

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, docc said:

I know y'all are always on your best behavior. Something special this year, we are the guests of the new innkeepers, Brian and Catherine. :wub:

Walt & Anna sold the place?

Know when?

Etc.?

4 minutes ago, Bill Hagan said:

Walt & Anna sold the place?

Know when?

Etc.?

I understand Walt is staying on for a time while the new folks get up to speed. Not sure we'll get to see Walt, though. I got to talk with him and Anna a couple months back. What great folks !

It is already looking like these new innkeepers are golden, as well.

The South'n SpineRaid's twelfth year at The Lodge at Tellico.

• Thanks 1

Walt did not mention this to me and I don't see any changes on their website. One of the SpineRaiders had to work through some reservation changes and told me.

I hope I have not mis-spoken.  I know we all wish Walt and Anna the very best!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, docc said:

Walt did not mention this to me and I don't see any changes on their website. One of the SpineRaiders had to work through some reservation changes and told me.

I hope I have not mis-spoken.  I know we all wish Walt and Anna the very best!

I've spoken with Bryan as well recently and was told Walt and Anna were retiring, and it was their hope to keep the place as wonderful as they had made it.

Things have changed and Bill and I won't make it down this year. Ya'll have fun!

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, footgoose said:

I've spoken with Bryan as well recently and was told Walt and Anna were retiring, and it was their hope to keep the place as wonderful as they had made it.

Things have changed and Bill and I won't make it down this year. Ya'll have fun!

You fine fellows will be dearly missed. :bier:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just talked with Brian to confirm that the "change of command" kept our request for our "usual cabin" and that we did have garage space reserved.  Yup.  :)

Now, back down to the Moto Grappa to muse on an electrical gremlin with Norge.  Probably not a warstopper for riding it to SSR, but Lucas learned everything he knew about automotive electricity from me.  :whistle:

Bill

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bill Hagan said:

but Lucas learned everything he knew about automotive electricity from me.  :whistle:

Bill

Lucas, the Prince of Darkness? Are you sure it is not the wiring smoke issue? ;)

Not to change the subject, just looking at weather forecast , it's looking great: 

Sunny, with a high near 82.
Thursday Night
Clear, with a low around 59.
Friday
Sunny, with a high near 84.
Friday Night
Saturday
Sunny, with a high near 86.
Saturday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 62.
Sunday
Sunny, with a high near 88.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, HRC_V4 said:

Lucas, the Prince of Darkness? Are you sure it is not the wiring smoke issue? ;)

Details over beer or bourbon or both at the campfire in Tellico Plains next weekend, but the short version is that I took a chance on that website -- http://MotoGuzziFirstRespondersOnLine.com -- and Dr. Martin showed up in minutes.

In short order, he diagnosed the problem and, we all think, fixed it.  

Then, with only a "Hi Yo, Silver," he was gone.  Impressive.  :notworthy:

i-TDvvd7Z-L.jpg

i-fPcH8db-L.jpg

"Dr. Martin" is, of course, a local Guzzisti (tho sans one just now) who is a gifted moto-tech.

40 minutes ago, Tom in Virginia said:

Not to change the subject, just looking at weather forecast , it's looking great: 

Sunny, with a high near 82.
Thursday Night
Friday
Sunny, with a high near 84.
Friday Night
Saturday
Sunny, with a high near 86.
Saturday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 62.
Sunday
Sunny, with a high near 88.

Agreed.  Only fly in that optimistic ointment is, as I have no doubt observed here before, that it has been my experience that God does not watch Weather Channel.  :D

But, yes, sure like that forecast.  See you and all there ... rain or shine.

Bill

• Haha 1

So, repair and maintenance done, I am packing and loading today.  

Not the Norge, but the chase vehicle, our 2009 Honda Fit, with 258K miles.  It's a C-130 of a car, and today I am the loadmaster and crew chief.

I am ensuring that the critical supplies make the trip:

Bourbon.  Check.

Grappa.  Check.

Espresso machine.  Check.

Tools and fluids for depot-level maintenance.  Check.

That pretty much does it, and there's still lots of room for Kathi's six weeks of essentials for a 5-day (for her) trip.  :whistle:

• Like 3
  • Haha 3