Seventeenth South'n Spine Raid 2021

docc

23 hours ago, Bill Hagan said:

Details over beer or bourbon or both at the campfire in Tellico Plains next weekend, but the short version is that I took a chance on that website -- http://MotoGuzziFirstRespondersOnLine.com -- and Dr. Martin showed up in minutes.

In short order, he diagnosed the problem and, we all think, fixed it.  

Then, with only a "Hi Yo, Silver," he was gone.  Impressive.  :notworthy:

i-TDvvd7Z-L.jpg

i-fPcH8db-L.jpg

"Dr. Martin" is, of course, a local Guzzisti (tho sans one just now) who is a gifted moto-tech.

So what's was Doc Martin's prognosis?  (May be applicable to my '16 Norge as well, always worth a look :) ).  Looking forward to meeting you Bill, as I still haven't decoded your VA proximity.  Sounds like you have all the ingredients covered for a great weekend.  Wish my wife still rode with me!

• Like 1

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Sigh.

You are making "some of us" feel unloved.  :(

Bill

• Like 1

Nah, you should just feel nostalgic. Wait 'til HRC_V4 shows up with his gorgeous LoopFrame . . . :mg:

There will, yet, be a nice selection of SpineFrames to admire. And some impromptu TechSession to put our tool rolls (and ingenuity) to the test.  :nerd:  :luigi:  :bier:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, Tom in Virginia said:

So what's was Doc Martin's prognosis?  (May be applicable to my '16 Norge as well, always worth a look :) ).  Looking forward to meeting you Bill, as I still haven't decoded your VA proximity.  Sounds like you have all the ingredients covered for a great weekend.  Wish my wife still rode with me!

I'll do a show & tell at the lodge, but mostly a one-off issue.  I tend to have those, often -- tho not all -- self-inflicted.  :wacko:

Cross Junction, Va.  Check PM.

Bill

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Bill Hagan said:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Sigh.

You are making "some of us" feel unloved.  :(

Bill

Now, I've been feeling apologetic about my nostalgic post. :blush:

It occurred to me that the The Inaugural South'n SpineRaid, 2004, was the only year with 100% (four in all) SpineFrames, all V11.  They were new bikes then, but the process of discovery had already begun.

Since then, a broad variety of machines have attended: all types of V-twin Guzzi (everything from Ambassador to V85TT), Ducati (again this year! :thumbsup:), KTM, BMW, Honda, Kawasaki, Yamaha, Triumph, Aprilia . . . a Porsche and a T-bird, even.

IIRC, there are only two criteria to be warmly welcomed at a South'n Spine Raid :

:race:Get There. :helmet:

:nerd:  Bring Tools.  :luigi:

:bier:

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, docc said:

Since then, a broad variety of machines have attended: all types of V-twin Guzzi (everything from Ambassador to V85TT), Ducati (again this year! :thumbsup:), KTM, BMW, Honda, Kawasaki, Yamaha, Triumph, Aprilia . . . a Porsche and a T-bird, even.

If I had a bigger trailer I would bring my RC30, but I'll stick with the Italian theme (this year).

• Like 1

OK, let's talk about something even more important than motorcycles. 

Yes, I know. :unsure:

But it is not an unworthy topic: breakfast.

I suppose I could ask the new proprietors if that's back on, but thought someone here might know.

If not, I can't find that any place in the area serves breakfast, at least of the manly, sit-down, wives-wouldn't-approve sort of menu. :grin:

Seriously, this affects a bit how and what we bring.  

Anyone know or have ideas?

Bill

• Like 1

They told me no breakfast at this time, not sure about coffee, I might bring my own (coffee), but a group breakfast at a sit down place sounds good.

16 minutes ago, Bill Hagan said:

OK, let's talk about something even more important than motorcycles. 

Yes, I know. :unsure:

But it is not an unworthy topic: breakfast.

I suppose I could ask the new proprietors if that's back on, but thought someone here might know.

If not, I can't find that any place in the area serves breakfast, at least of the manly, sit-down, wives-wouldn't-approve sort of menu. :grin:

Seriously, this affects a bit how and what we bring.  

Anyone know or have ideas?

Bill

Good question! And topic close to my heart (and gullet) . . .

"Downtown" TellicoPlains is the very popular bakery (Tellico Grains), and my favorite breakfast place, "The Trout Mountain Coffeehouse and Inn."

For the evening meal, the long-running Tellicafe continues to carry on with good food and great service. I hope to also try the newly reopend (in the last couple years) "Iron Works Grill and Pub" out on the river just to the east.

Papa's Pizza carries on as does the Bear's Den.

Of the two Mex places, Senôr Lopez, by the Exxon fuel station, is getting good reviews.

^^^^^^^^^^

Both https://troutmountain.net and http://tellico-grains-bakery.com look a bit effete for my tastes, tho Kathi would probably approve.  Sigh.

I think I'll pack in "real 'Merican food." ;)

Bill

• Haha 1

Yeah, chicks dig those places. You'll be a hero. And really hungry for a big lunch at The Tapoco Lodge. :food:

Yet, there is also a Hardee's  in Tellico for The Biscuiteers among us . . .

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, footgoose said:

"effete" - thanks for adding that to my vocabulary Bill. It will come in useful.  B)

Geez-zoy. I think I'll have to get a couple greasy biscuits at Hardee's to maintain my manhood.   :ninja:

No mint-and-citrus-infused water to accompany a lightly fluffed frittata cum spinach and feta. :huh: No latté with extra froth? :unsure:

Might as well choke down a sausage-n-biscuit at the EXXON. Tarmac diet. 

Scratch-burp-fart-RIDE! :thing:

• Haha 3