Seventeenth South'n Spine Raid 2021

docc

This South'n SpineRaid exhibited the classic elements that are the formula for success and delight. Nothing can happen, in the least, unless you "Get There."

Ride a Griso? Bring a LoopFrame? A Honda? Come late? Bring a friend? Okay to trailer? As long as you get there!

Lots of ways to "get there."  Three Sports to the wind? Check!

IMG_5716.jpg

And "Get There" was not lost on these cool cats (what a sight!!) :

IMG_5709.jpg

"Get There."

:bier:

• Like 7

And, of course, "Bring Tools."  Two different SpineRaiders allowed as how they were ready to deploy guzzidiag, if desired or necessary. The Lodge guest with the needy Yamaha (not a SpineRaider) was suitably impressed when @HRC_V4 produced an air pig for his low tire. :thumbsup:

IMG_5661.jpg

"Bring Tools."

:luigi::luigi:

• Like 4

Our time at the SSR is pretty much in these pix:

The Ride to the XVII SSR and Back

If you care, hover cursor over pix for captions.

Of course, there are too many; that’s how you know that they are genuine and from me, not some imposter.

In defense of what may seem a complete lack of discipline, I started with 500+, so it could have been worse.

Ciao!

Bill

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, docc said:

Did jumpering the Run/Kill switch make any difference?

Can't know until I can start it. After the garage find, I went 4 miles to my lodge and back to the coffee shop where it died.
Starter on order. The cheap scary one from MG Cycle.

• Haha 1

Somewhere between the Cherokee NF, the Nantahala, and the "Cherohala" (Qualla Indian Boundary), the F'karewe  tribe gathers to ponder their position; "Where the F'k-are-we?"

179077839403_0_BG.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

^^^^^^

:grin: Red Foxx on a "behind the counter" record back in the day..

On the same one, he had a pharmaceutical called "Rise."      For men over 45.      Made by Upjohn Laboratories. You have to swallow it fast, or it'll make your neck hard. 

(rimshot)

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

16 hours ago, docc said:

Somewhere between the Cherokee NF, the Nantahala, and the "Cherohala" (Qualla Indian Boundary), the F'k-are-we  tribe gathers to ponder their position; "Where the F'k-are-we?"

179077839403_0_BG.jpg

The Spineframe Brain Trust.

I wonder if they ever made it back?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, LowRyter said:

The Spineframe Brain Trust.

I wonder if they ever made it back?

Two of them did. Seems like some pretty serious attrition….:o

• Confused 1

I have to thank the SpineRaider with the Rosso Mandello. What an awesome cat. He so promoted the TechSession, and took it all in.  So glad to meet up with him again and admire his Rosso Mandello!

IMG_5650.jpg

After traversing the Cherohala, he said something so very encouraging to me.  I've long thought my AeroStich aboard the V11 looks akin to a "high and heavy canvas covered load" (Johnny Cash).

Adam said I look like a "Diesel Bulldog." Thanks for the encouragement, bud! :thumbsup:

Screen%20Shot%202019-09-12%20at%208.33.4

• Like 4
  • Haha 1