Seventeenth South'n Spine Raid 2021

docc

Good morning on Departure Eve, well, mine, at least. ;)

The Norge is ready ...

i-q492WCC-L.jpg

... Kathi's car and the two of us "need work."  :wacko:

Apropos morning and breakfast, I just talked with Brian at the Lodge about that.

He said that while they are not doing breakfast -- and the jury's out if they will ever go back to the spreads of yore -- they will have coffee; hot water for tea, etc.; oatmeal; commie (oops, I mean granola) bars, limited pastries, and the like.

They would time center-visible-mass of that for what our group or others might want, i.e., crack of dawn v. teenager wake-up hours.  

I told him that I would pass that all along and ask for some consensus -- assuming such is possible -- about how many would partake (assume all), and preferred best serving window so as to make it easier on them.  Don't think it's a big deal as coffee and pastries have lengthy shelf lives, but it probably helps them plan.

So, if anyone reading this has firm ideas about time and the like, post here and I (or docc, to reduce span-of-control issues) will get back to Brian.

Brian added that when he wants "real manly 'Merican food," he goes to Linda's Cafe in Madisonville.  Even I, however, would likely find the Lodge fare fine enough for the two days we'll be there.  I'll get my carb and fat fix on the road there and back. :grin:

A domani ...

Bill

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I got a little last minute maintenance done today, I will load up tomorrow and stay in Lenoir City tomorrow night and be there bright and early Friday.

New Bearing.JPG

• Like 2

This is where the thread transitions into a period of "radio silence" as SpineRaiders transit, revel, and return home.

I absolutely love where these threads go after that when all the enthusiasm, excitement , and experiences get shared.

:mg:  :sun: :race::race::luigi:   :food:   :bier:   :thumbsup:

Vivi il centesimo!

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

Radio silence is delayed a bit in my case on account of this:

i-Xx3vgDJ-L.png

I am not a mudder ... tho have been called now and then something that sounds like that.  :P

Hope to launch this morning sometime, but tomorrow will likely be a longer road day.  There are worse things. 

Bill

• Like 2

Sheesh, Bill, that band of rain really lingered over your intended path of travel today. Looks like it has broken up enough now to be tolerable. Ride well!  See you tomorrow!

• Thanks 1

So... Yeah, not gonna make it. I have room 202 booked Tonight (thursday) through Sunday night, so if you're looking for a room it's open. 

500 miles into the trip, the PCM on the pickup puts me in limp mode. While investigating, discover that the tail cover has gone missing since the last gas stop. Nice. So I've had my seat shipped up to the Lodge at great expense from home. 

Drive 1-1/2 hour at 45mph.

Changed some components this morning. Ignition module and coil, test was good; got 10 miles up the road, back in limp mode. WTF. Back to the house, unload and repack to ride the bikes up- only 3 hours. 
15 miles up the road the Sport decides to get the hot sneezes, leading to a long slow jerky ride back to the house. Of course, the last restart and 5 miles it ran flawlessly. 

Did I mention I forgot to load my spares for both the truck and the bike? 

If somebody can be so kind as to receive my seat/bag from UPS and send it to me here in GA, I'll fix you up with a box of Krispy Kreme donuts and the freight bill- since the seat bag also has my truck spare PCM in it. 

FML

• Sad 3

28 minutes ago, Pressureangle said:

If somebody can be so kind as to receive my seat/bag from UPS and send it to me here in GA, I'll fix you up with a box of Krispy Kreme donuts and the freight bill- since the seat bag also has my truck spare PCM in it. 

FML

Where in GA?  I'll be in Monroe next week so I can bring it down to you, I come from NC through Dillard, Commerce, Athens, then Monroe, so if that is not too far, I would be happy to help.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, HRC_V4 said:

Where in GA?  I'll be in Monroe next week so I can bring it down to you, I come from NC through Dillard, Commerce, Athens, then Monroe, so if that is not too far, I would be happy to help.

We're between Martin and Lavonia just off I-85, northeast. South of Toccoa.

Not far out of the way, I can drop it, I come down 23, seems a short detour down 123 to get there, when is the package showing up?  Driving down Wed and then back the following Monday.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HRC_V4 said:

Not far out of the way, I can drop it, I come down 23, seems a short detour down 123 to get there, when is the package showing up?  Driving down Wed and then back the following Monday.

It's a long wait, but I don't even know if there's any way to get it sent from anywhere near the Lodge. Thanks for the offer, if I can't get something else working before then I'll take you up on it. 

• Like 1

On 9/4/2021 at 12:50 PM, Randy said:

Unless something unexpected happens I'll be bringing the Coppa. Otherwise it will be the Griso.

Word is, there is a Coppa Italia onsite this evening . . . :mg:  :thumbsup:

Along with a pristine champagne LeMans and her sweet older sister, a restored white Eldorado. I'm not naming any names, but his initials are @Tom in Virginia. :sun:

• Like 1

Just now, docc said:

Word is, there is a Coppa Italia onsite this evening . . . :mg:  :thumbsup:

Along with a pristine champagne LeMans and her sweet older sister, a restored white Eldorado. I'm not naming any names, but his initials are @Tom in Virginia. :sun:

Mine mine mine :sun:

And that LeMans and Elderado are gorgeous.

• Haha 1