V11 cuts at at 3-5000 rpm

Brian north

Have you checked the charging, special the 2 bullet connectors from the stator ? what kind of relays ? EVERY electrical connection on the bike needs to be checked and treated with Caig Deoxit or similar. What does your 30amp fuse look like, the green one ? Could be quite a few things, but don't worry  :rasta:,  you are definitely on the right place to get sorted.   Welcome to the forum, and shortly someone a lot more electrical than me will come along.

Cheers tom 

• Like 2

I suspect that the ignition sensor in front left og the engine is bad. Have seen similar behavior before. Article number is 01721600. 

The distance between the sensor head and the entrance should be aroung 0,5 - 0,7mm. Thin alunimum sheets help to get this correct. You also need a new O-ring to seal it against moist.

Chime in if you need more details.

4 hours ago, Rolf Halvorsen said:

I suspect that the ignition sensor in front left og the engine is bad. Have seen similar behavior before. Article number is 01721600. 

The distance between the sensor head and the entrance should be aroung 0,5 - 0,7mm. Thin alunimum sheets help to get this correct. You also need a new O-ring to seal it against moist.

Chime in if you need more details.

How can I check the sensor?

Well I'm pretty sure the bike is good. Checked ignition switch and everything was good. Unplugged powercommander and swapped 5 relay for 3 relay. Hit the road for one hell of a great ride. I love this bike. Thank you for all the help. I'm sure I'll be asking more questions

• Like 2

Heh, yeah, I took my relay post down because I thought it might just confuse the issue(s).

Could have been just the PC, Brian north.

Otherwise, the V11 is probably better thought of as a journey, or a process, rather than a series of problems and repairs.  :mg:

Tell us more about the "01 v11 s" . . . how long have you had it, miles on it, other modifications . . . You know, the important stuff, like, is it silver? :grin: