Motor is done

Brian north

Got pics? How about a video so we can hear the knocking? Maybe it's just a rattle? Normally a Guzzi big twin goes a lot more miles than yours without problems. Was it run with no oil or something?

Alright : drop the pan and check for metal in the pan and metal in the oil . Rotate the engine to where the rods are at the bottom of the crank and inspect the big ends of the rods ..... discoloration , stuff hanging out , loose on the c/shaft . Look up at the oil filter and see if it is loose or if the o-ring has spit out of the oil filter base .

Report back . 

• Like 1

The knocking sound,is it a high pitched ding-ding-sound,like when you hit a nail on a metal-block with a hammer?

That's the sound that came from my right cylinder head when the cam follower/followers where worn down about 3mm.

I hope it's not the case.

Once again, someone comes here with a troublem looking to get rid of their V11 and, instead of throwing a bunch of low-ball offers at him, we all set to trying to help him fix it. :luigi:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It sounds to me like lack of a Roper plate may have run the bottom end. At any rate, don't run it again without pulling the sump and seeing if that is the case. Have you done a lot of WFO acceleration?

9 hours ago, docc said:

Once again, someone comes here with a troublem looking to get rid of their V11 and, instead of throwing a bunch of low-ball offers at him, we all set to trying to help him fix it. :luigi:

Ok, $900 cash if it's a greenie maybe a little more😎