Mille GT?

whynot

Is the Mille GT a "good" bike?  Strong points?  Weak points?  There's one for sale near me at $2800 USD -- seems reasonable to me.  What to look for? Parts availability?  (I don't care for pod air filters, but otherwise it looks complete from what I can see so far.)

Thanks, any pointers and comments appreciated,

Kurt

===========================================================================================================

"1990 Moto Guzzi Mille GT · Driven 43,000 miles Selling a Moto Guzzi Mille in very nice shape. Gone through by a local Guzzi mechanic last year. New parts include: NOS Tank and petcocks Rear shocks Tires Coils and spark plug wires Battery Regulator/Rectifier Brakes rebuilt Mayer Seat Touring screen and Givi racks and bags are available Local in person sales only but local delivery available. Price is firm."

Mille GT_5Mille GT_4Mille GT_3Mille GT_2

• Like 1

You will notice a lack of power  and of any real rev band.  Great bike for poodling around, you can short shift 1-3-5 and still make progress.  The cast iron discs corrode so wipe down after wet weather to reduce the amount of brown rust thrown about.  Comfortable for a pillion with sensible footpeg position, feels like the centre of gravity is lower than a V11 LeMans so again easier to ride.  The side stand is not so good, some folk fit the left lower frame rail and the long California stsnd.

• Like 2

I should have added loads of spares for the basic bike as just a variation of bikes made back into the 1970's, many T3 and on parts will fit.  May not be so easy to get body parts as did not sell in very high numbers.

• Like 1

Yes, it's a good bike.. small valve engine.

I was stricken by a red Mille when I was still riding BMWs. Fortunately that Bring More Wallet  Bavarian Money Waster thing was temporary. :helmet:

• Like 1