Bags for the V11....anyone tried these?

Kane

Howdy all, I know that the topic of luggage for the V11 has been discussed before, but I am wondering if anyone has tried either of both of these tail bags and would share their thoughts:

The SW-Motech EVO Cargobag: https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/sw-motech-evo-cargobag-tail-bag?sku_id=1315522

The SW-Motech 700 Dry Bag: https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/sw-motech-700-dry-bag-70l-tail-bag?sku_id=1195302

I know the obvious difference is that one is a larger dry bag. I am comfortable with either style of bag and either bag has enough volume for me. I am more intertesed in how well they work on a V11 without racks or side saddle bags for it to rest on or attach to.

I was first thinking of going with a combination of side saddle bags with a center tail bag, but I like the simplicity of a single bag to remove and not having to use racks. These both look good on the webpage, and they are affordable.

I will use the tail bag in conjunction with a tank bag, and I like the look fo the various Cortech, Nelson Rigg, and SW-Motech tank bags, a mid-size tank bag with a strap attachment system as a don’t want to have to attach a base-ring attachment system and obviously a magnetic bag won’t work. Any thoughts on any of those tank bags? 

I am looking forward to finally outfitting the V11 for touring, and I am tired of wearing a backpack!

I appreciate any advice and info you can share!

Thank you

Travelling advice from a squarehead, SW Motech up front are fine, but bags rear with that form - shape are sensitive to turbulence when the word speed comes up, just heavy own experience.    And they are way to big, you don't need it.   Some clear wrapping around the tail, coud be nicely done, and a triangle shaped bag, happy travelling.  :rasta:

Cheers tom.

• Thanks 1

Docc, please

1 hour ago, docc said:

I caught wind of a Tekno set that "may" come available near you. Sure, they ain't purdy, but they'll get you to a South'n SpineRaid!

Hey docc, very cool! Please keep me in the loop. Thanks!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Kane said:

Docc, please

Hey docc, very cool! Please keep me in the loop. Thanks!

I'm the "wind" :-)..contact me Kane. PM

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Soft bags can be a tough fit on a V11. My best advice is to find something with some type of velco to go around the rear footpeg bracket to secure them. 

Best bet though is to get the Hepco Becker setup which is now rare and expensive. But works perfectly. 

I use these, they hold enough for me and are super light and work just fine, I went from LA to SF and back on my V11using these. They also come easily on and off. So you can kind of roll up, un-velcro them and you are all set.

https://touratech-usa.com/Store/Touratech-Waterproof-MOTO-Waterproof-Saddle-Bags

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1