Rosso corsa tank vinyl

Tonyo

Hi everyone, I'm Antonio from Spain and I just bought a rosso corsa that is apparently perfect and little used, only 5000 miles, but it has the problem of bubbles in the fuel tank.  I have been searching eBay, Stein dinse, Tlm, Agostini, and various other places on the internet and it is impossible to find them.  I would appreciate your help ...  ✌🏻

hello, yes i tried but they don't have stock

You can order the corsa tank decal set from AF1 Racing for $257...Part # GU01948092 They say its available in the warehouse ,takes them a week to get it  they say..usually they are pretty accurate  on time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Yes, that same one, do you know her?

gstallons, I have already looked at eBay and at the moment I can not find anything ... But I have contacted AF1 racing and they confirm that they could send them to me in 5-7 days.  Surely I will order them there, the only thing is that it will cost me a little expensive (257 $ + 45 shipping)

yes of course, the reference is GU0194809, but except for af1 all other sites have it discontinued

3 hours ago, Tonyo said:

Yes, that same one, do you know her?

I’m just 8 miles from streffords went to see the bike a few weeks ago and they said nothing about the tank bubbles, never seen one that bad, made an offer on the bike but they turned it down, if I bought it my plan was to have the decals removed and just paint it red, apart from the tank it’s a really nice bike 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Steve S said:

I’m just 8 miles from streffords went to see the bike a few weeks ago and they said nothing about the tank bubbles, never seen one that bad, made an offer on the bike but they turned it down, if I bought it my plan was to have the decals removed and just paint it red, apart from the tank it’s a really nice bike 

The decals lift because the tank is affected by ethanol fuel so you need to factor in drying out the tank and getting it lined. Or a replacement tank.

Ciao

• Like 1

Here in Spain ethanol is not used in gasoline, I suppose that once the vinyl is fixed it should no longer give problems, right?

8 hours ago, Tonyo said:

Here in Spain ethanol is not used in gasoline, I suppose that once the vinyl is fixed it should no longer give problems, right?

Pierce the bubbles with a needle and see if any water comes out. If it does then its a fuel/water in the fuel issue. If it's just air under the decal then its a decal adhesion issue.

Ciao 

• Like 2