found on craigslist -- 2001 Moto Guzzi Rosso Mandello - $7,800 (Jacksonville)

griswoia

49 minutes ago, fotoguzzi said:

The seat doesn't fit very well.. I WONDER WHY IT HAS SO FEW MILES. Did this model have the single plate exploding clutch?

The 2001 Rosso Mandello does have the concerning aluminum flywheel (and single plate clutch) common to the 2002 Scura and Tenni.

The seat just doesn't look latched at the front. While the instrument needles quite orange and unfaded, low miles on a V11 always casts aspersions on the fragile speedometer/odometer cable drives.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, griswoia said:

Seriously Scurra's are in this range and MUCH BETTER BIKES for $900 less. . . . 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2002-Moto-Guzzi-V11-SCURA-SPORT/124488353234?hash=item1cfc1585d2:g:-ZEAAOSwjF9fUleD

s-l1600.jpg

With only the slightest right side crash damage . . .

35 minutes ago, griswoia said:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2002-Moto-Guzzi-V11-SCURA-SPORT/124488353234?hash=item1cfc1585d2:g:-ZEAAOSwjF9fUleD

s-l1600.jpg

That is an interesting? bike..I have been looking at the ads for a couple years..It has been on the market since at least 2016 as far as I can find online..If you research the various for sale pictures from the same seller closely, you will see it did NOT have the crash damage..ie: right side pipe rash, head guard rash, lever rash etc in the early pics..then a year or two on they appeared, I have read that it was sold once and the guy brought it back quickly with this damage..people on WG who have gone to see it close up and in person did not have good reports.  

AFA either bike , I don't think the owners would negotiate a good price . The Scura would be my pic . Either one , you would want to give the owner THE Vulcan mind probe to be sure of what you were getting . some people keep records and some don't . I play with mine TOO much to record anything . Hmmmmm . 

If a person were going , take a friend to say yes or no .

On 12/17/2020 at 11:05 AM, griswoia said:

s-l1600.jpg

Are these REALLY fetching that kind of money? 

• Like 1

Hi

Can anyone identify the pipes on the Scura ? I would like to fit something similar to my RM .

Are they original or after market ?

thanks in advance