Have you ever heard about the Joe Bar Team cartoon?! if you like humoristic cartoons centralized around a nutsy group of bikers, get the albums!

Read up about the Joe Bar Team if you never heard about it;

It is a cartoon about bikers in the 70's; this is hilarious and it talks to most of us from the "old days" because we have been in these situations depicted in the cartoons.

Here are a few examples below; you can purchase the cartoons in English, and some of the stories don't even require translation. There are some Moto Guzzi in the stories, but I could not find any available from the web. I used to have all these cartoons, but they were lost....

If any of you have read or heard about the Joe Bar Team, please let me know. They also have a complete line of biker's wear.

TTitaliano

endormi

tu vas freiner

barrage de police

have me on the brakes

Planche 3

Planche 2

Planche 1

Chopper

Solidarity

CrashHere I come

• Like 2
51 minutes ago, footgoose said:

“Parisian redneck bikers”.

I just started my bucket list

Well, I would say not exclusively Parisians. In the 70's, in France, being a biker meant to belong to a very special fraternity. What is depicted in the Joe Bar Team cartoons was based on real events, of course amplified to make it like look like a meme.

It was called the "biker' spirit". During these golden days, each passing biker would salute you. If you would break down, the first passing biker would stop to help you. This was completely out of this world.

I went to rallies and races all over Europe. The 2 stroke versus 4 stroke was real, and the two cylinders versus four too. I have ridden on most of the bikes shown on the first Album of the Joe Bar Team.

I read the book from Anne France d'Hauteville: Une demoiselle sur une moto. She did the Orion raid  Paris to Isfaban Iran) on a Moto Guzzi California. I don't think the book was ever translated into English. However, I can tell you that the Guzzi she rode went all the way from Paris to Pakistan and back. Her major mechanical problem was to replace the axle on the front wheel. She dropped the bike so many times, but a Guzzi is so reliable...

Can you imagine doing Europe to Iran nowadays? this was possible in the 70's...

• Like 3

Great video!  Formidable on peut dire aussi...did she write any books...will have to see, would be a good one to read if she did.

The cartoons looks interesting...a bit of the same drawing style like Asterix combined with Lucky Luke!

• Like 1