On 12/28/2020 at 7:00 PM, PJPR01 said:

You're looking far too happy there John!  Surely you're not drinking that fine Macallan out of a King Henry VIII coffee cup!

We shared the Scotch later in the day.  (But as you know from our campouts I do like my scotch in a coffee cup.)

The cup was given to me by the same friends that gave me the shirt.  It is the "disappearing wives" of Henry VIII.  Fill it with hot coffee and the wives fade to white outlines like ghosts.  As the cup cools, they reappear.   

I also thought the image of King Henry holding court with a scotch and cigar seemed to go together.  

• Haha 1

That looks like a great and delicious start to a new year!

The snow scene is lovely. Very atmospheric. Do you put the bike away for the season or are you able get some rides in?

I never put my bike away.  Looking to get up to near 60 early next week and 50s until next weekend's cold spot.

I can usually find more comfortable days to ride this time a year than late July-early Aug.  Of course, I'd rather be in Colorado then even with the afternoon rain showers there.   This has been an unusual winter, the jet stream has angled south and we're getting the winter storms from the southwest which seem weird.  This storm came straight from the south with rain/mix from the Mexico border (Rio Grande) all the way to Kansas.  From here it's heading NE, snow north and rain south in it's path.

• Like 1
On 1/1/2021 at 11:39 AM, Kane said:

That looks like a great and delicious start to a new year!

The snow scene is lovely. Very atmospheric. Do you put the bike away for the season or are you able get some rides in?

Took the Ducati out on Tuesday, very nice 63 out.    Now it's in the 30s and the fireplace is burning (.....but had a cigar and a scotch today).

• Like 2