IGNORED

Advice request: Biker's equipment from head to toe for a (old) principiante in H'town Texas (Yee Haa?)

2 hours ago, LowRyter said:

I have several throttle locks, the simplest, easiest to use and most reliable is the "clothespin style", one like this:

https://www.wleodv.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=69377

It take all of about 30 seconds to install.  Slip it over the throttle grip, make sure there is adequate tension, and then when you're riding, just slide it with your thumb on to the brake lever.  (Just make sure you don't accidently slip it behind the brake lever.)

I have a plastic one similar to this one.  I also have an aluminum one from China that I never bothered to install.   I have some more expensive ones that are more complex and never seem to work because they are always out of adjustment.  

These are $10-20 and sacrificial when they lose tension, although I'm using the same one a bought a couple of years ago.

61x-GggYyrL._SL1500_.jpg

It feels "odd" to use a cruise control system on a bike... it somewhat infers with the idea of being free; as in having a direct link to ecstasy via the throttle. 

But I always follow advice. I will carry one, even if I don't use it.

• Like 1
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Have AeroStich. Will Travel.  

Z Custom Leathers made me an amazing racing jacket and pants for me almost twenty years ago to custom match my Sport.  For a while there, they had seemed to have shrunk .  Still, I only use them for "

Hmmmmm . Let's go over this "clearly " mentioned STUFF . You think your wife doesn't know you purchased a bike !  Every night you go to sleep , she gives you the Vulcan mind probe and finds out every

Posted Images

58 minutes ago, Tomchri said:

Doesn’t matter what bike you ride something called pain will hit you., it’s nice to get off, stretch, and  :rasta: after 50 ~ 100m, and go again.    Sleepy roads up Florida and making a left turn west.  If you’re excited about this, just do it .   Have a good friend picking up old bikes and cars cheap, never checks anything, but gets  home.  Pocket spare parts will do it.

Have a fun trip.

Cheers tom.

Breaking down is part of the adventure anyway... only, it is dangerous nowadays!

1 hour ago, p6x said:

It feels "odd" to use a cruise control system on a bike... it somewhat infers with the idea of being free; as in having a direct link to ecstasy via the throttle. 

But I always follow advice. I will carry one, even if I don't use it.

The idea is give your wrist a rest when you feel it getting sore.  And you only  have to take it off for a minute or so, maybe 20 seconds.  You don't have the issue with the left wrist since you can take it off the grip when you  want to.  Go on a long  trip, especially on a long straight interstate, then you'll know.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, p6x said:

The biggest hazard remains my spouse. I have not "clearly" mentioned that I purchased a bike. Covid-19 is nothing compared to her wrath.

Maybe get all your protective gear first. I’ve dodged a few coffee cups in my day. A full face helmet would have come in handy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hmmmmm . Let's go over this "clearly " mentioned STUFF . You think your wife doesn't know you purchased a bike !  Every night you go to sleep , she gives you the Vulcan mind probe and finds out every thought , act and muse you have done that day . She isn't going to bring it up , simply for the fact she "can and will use it against you" when the time comes ! 

You cannot ration or reason ANY discussion about this motorcycle . The day will come you will simply say "oh , I thought I told you?" ..... Then_____________________ buy her a pair of Jimmy Choo high heels and a pricey purse .

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/29/2020 at 5:31 PM, gstallons said:

Hmmmmm . Let's go over this "clearly " mentioned STUFF . You think your wife doesn't know you purchased a bike !  Every night you go to sleep , she gives you the Vulcan mind probe and finds out every thought , act and muse you have done that day . She isn't going to bring it up , simply for the fact she "can and will use it against you" when the time comes ! 

You cannot ration or reason ANY discussion about this motorcycle . The day will come you will simply say "oh , I thought I told you?" ..... Then_____________________ buy her a pair of Jimmy Choo high heels and a pricey purse .

Pretty quiet from @p6x for a couple weeks . . . :huh:

I can only fathom that, 1) He's got the LeMans on the way back to Texas, 2) He gave up on our sorry selves, or 3) (worst case scenario): the "Jimmy Choo high heels and pricey purse" didn't work . :blink:

• Like 1

No comment :rasta:

Cheers tom

I can not say I can remember ever being unaware of the V11 . I do not remember not wanting one .  Most of all , I cannot owning one .

Not everyone is going to feel this .

• Like 1