Have you seen this? Aussies ship their Moto Guzzis to Europe and Vlog the experience on YouTube... 1:42 hours of what we live for!!!

p6x

Yer Killin me with this Video....its been 3 years since we rode for 3 weeks from Rome up thru Tuscany and Bologna and on to to and around Mandello and the Swiss Alps...I remember so many of these places and roads, we were supposed to go back this past summer again and ride for 3 weeks and we were really looking fwd to it..but..well..damn Covid.  Best times Ive ever had..Hopefully 2022!!

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing. What an epic trip! A pilgrimage to Mandello is most certainly on my 5-year list. I'm probably not committed enough to ship my bike, but I'm sure I can find a rental:).

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, daviscr5 said:

Thanks for sharing. What an epic trip! A pilgrimage to Mandello is most certainly on my 5-year list. I'm probably not committed enough to ship my bike, but I'm sure I can find a rental:).

You can find rental bikes in Italy at Top Rent Moto. Unlike in the US, Motorbike rental is (very) expensive in Europe, and as I am certain you are aware, there are more restrictive rules than in the US.

And to make matters more confusing, the same rules don't apply across Europe. Good news are, the police is generally more forgiving when they understand that you are not from Europe.

For example in France, you have to wear one of those hi viz yellow jacket, and reflective stickers on your helmet. Helmet needs to be with Euro certification. No use to bring your DOT helmet if you were planing to.

• Like 3

You can find rental bikes in Italy at Top Rent Moto. Unlike in the US, Motorbike rental is (very) expensive in Europe, and as I am certain you are aware, there are more restrictive rules than in the US.
And to make matters more confusing, the same rules don't apply across Europe. Good news are, the police is generally more forgiving when they understand that you are not from Europe.
For example in France, you have to wear one of those hi viz yellow jacket, and reflective stickers on your helmet. Helmet needs to be with Euro certification. No use to bring your DOT helmet if you were planing to.

Great info, I will do my homework. Thank you.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

On 12/28/2020 at 3:14 AM, p6x said:

It is true you are required to have a hi viz jacket with you in case of an emergency, you don't have to wear it whilst riding.
The rules with regard to the reflective sticker only applies to helmets being sold in France, if you bring one from outside of the country it's no problem.

Some other rules to keep in mind:
- Riders and passengers are required to wear gloves (with a CE certification)
- You need to have a breathalyzer with you
- Your navigation isn’t allowed to have an option that gives a speed camera warning

• Like 2