Moto Guzzi Centenary Celebration

v11_meticcio

3 hours ago, v11_meticcio said:

My wife and I spent a week in Mandello del Lario 3 years ago on our 3 week  riding Vacation of Italy and the Alps...One of the best memories of my life, I cant wait to go back!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

ic_person_24px.svg
hero.png
NEXT GENERATION GUZZISTI

The Moto Guzzi of the next 100 years

In 2021, the Eagle of Mandello is celebrating its first Centenary, but what will the Moto Guzzi of the future be like?
The designers of the Moto Guzzi Design Center are asking the next generation of Guzzi fans - children, grandchildren and very young friends of the community members - to help us imagine the Moto Guzzi of the next 100 years! 

https://theclan.motoguzzi.com/en/nextgenerationguzzisti

https://theclan.motoguzzi.com/en/nextgenerationguzzisti-upload

• Like 2

Does this celebration explain why I’m not getting an answer from Agostonis about renting a V85 when I’m there in late September.... because it’ll be swarmed with guzzi people already?
Maybe I’ll have to rent a German bike when I visit mandello again. Is that legal, or contrary to some papal proclamation? Nothing a few Hail Marys won’t fix I suppose...

La notizia che Moto Guzzi stia preparando un nuovo motore da circa 1000cc non è una novità, anzi è "vetusta".

Però i vari nuovi motori V100, progettati e messi al banco non hanno mai superato lo scoglio finale della messa in produzione, non certamente per problemi tecnici, ma per i soliti problemi economici e di gestione dell'Azienda.

Recentemente, però, in Moto Guzzi sono arrivate nuove assunzioni e sul lago di Como si torna a respirare un'aria di fiducia intorno all'Azienda di Mandello del Lario.

Il traguardo delle 12000 moto prodotte, farà soridere molti, ma per Guzzi è un traguardo importante e un numero che non si vedeva da decenni.

Proprio questo rilancio ed il fatto che nel 2021 la Moto Guzzi festeggia i suoi primi 100 anni, in molti scommettono sulla presentazione di un nuovo motore V100 che potrebbe equipaggiare una nuova moto.

Anche in questo caso non si tratta di un vero scoop, perchè già alla presentazione del nuovo V85 si era parlato di un progetto di ampio respiro che avrebbe visto il nuovo motore crescere di cilindrata fino a 1000cc.

Forse ora i tempi sono maturi, anche perchè in molti vorrebbero una V85 TT più potente ed ecco che il nuovo motore potrebbe essere la soluzione per permettere a molti possessori della V85 TT di fare un up-grade, senza lasciare il marchio ...

Una potenza di 100CV ed un prezzo ancora sotto i 15mila euro potrebbero essere le carte giuste per confermare l'attuale successo commerciale Moto Guzzi ed attirare nuovi potenziali clienti.

Non ci sono conferme ufficiali nè rumors attendibili, ma sono in molti a scommettere che Moto Guzzi per i suoi 100 anni ci regalerà una bella sorpresa.

The news that Moto Guzzi is preparing a new 1000cc engine is nothing new, on the contrary it is "outdated". However, the various new V100 engines, designed and put on the bench, have never overcome the final obstacle of putting into production, certainly not for technical problems, but for the usual economic and management problems of the company. Recently, however, new hires have arrived in Moto Guzzi and on Lake Como there is an air of trust once again around the Mandello del Lario company. The milestone of 12,000 motorcycles produced will surprise many, but for Guzzi it is an important milestone and a number that has not been seen for decades. Precisely this relaunch and the fact that in 2021 Moto Guzzi celebrates its first 100 years, many are betting on the presentation of a new V100 engine that could equip a new bike. Also in this case it is not a real scoop, because already at the presentation of the new V85 there was talk of a wide-ranging project that would see the new engine grow in displacement up to 1000cc. Perhaps now the time is ripe, also because many would like a more powerful V85 TT and here the new engine could be the solution to allow many owners of the V85 TT to upgrade, without leaving the brand ... A power of 100HP and a price still under 15 thousand euros could be the right cards to confirm the current Moto Guzzi commercial success and attract new potential customers. There are no official confirmations or reliable rumors, but many are betting that Moto Guzzi will give us a nice surprise for its 100th anniversary.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.crazywheels.it/52-moto-test-e-co/moto-guzzi/14173-novit%C3%A0-moto-guzzi-v100-2022-rumors-opinioni-previsioni.amp.html

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Tende. Dove campeggiare

La grande festa per il 100° anniversario della Moto Guzzi è alle porte e stiamo lavorando per renderla più sicura e piacevole per tutti. Per quanto riguarda il campeggio, potete immaginare come in questi giorni, i parchi non siano più una soluzione percorribile per la sicurezza, le vie di fuga e la gestione degli spazi. Di conseguenza, non sarà più possibile campeggiare liberamente lì.

A tutela dell’organizzazione e dei motociclisti, il comune di Mandello del Lario, d’intesa con il Comitato Motoraduno Internazionale e con la Polisportiva Mandello, ha allestito una nuova area campeggio presso il vicino campo di calcio. È più adatto ed è dotato di docce, bagni, servizi alimentari e bevande e area parcheggio moto.

Le sedi tenda, organizzate in lotti di 16 mq, saranno disponibili da mercoledì 8 a domenica 12 settembre al costo di 13 euro a notte a persona (necessario per sostenere le spese di organizzazione, gestione e ripristino degli spazi).
Parcheggio interno per la moto è compreso (con disponibilità).

Prenotazione obbligatoria.
Le richieste devono essere inviate a info@polisportivamandello.it
Metodo di pagamento: Bonifico bancario al seguente IBAN: IT12 X056 9651 4900 0001 X13 in nome della Polisportiva Mandello del Lario.
La prenotazione sarà valida e confermata (con assegnazione del numero di campo) al ricevimento del bonifico.
Considerato il numero di appezzamenti disponibili, sarà data la priorità a soggiorni più lunghi di gruppi di almeno 2 persone.

https://motoradunomandello.com/articoli/campeggio-durante-le-gmg-2021/

Curtains. Where to camp The big party for Moto Guzzi's 100th anniversary is upon us and we are working to make it safer and more enjoyable for everyone. As for camping, you can imagine how these days, parks are no longer a viable solution for safety, escape routes and space management. As a result, it will no longer be possible to camp freely there. To protect the organization and motorcyclists, the municipality of Mandello del Lario, in agreement with the International Motorcycle Rally Committee and the Polisportiva Mandello, has set up a new camping area at the nearby football field. It is more suitable and is equipped with showers, toilets, food and drink facilities and a motorcycle parking area. The tent sites, organized in lots of 16 square meters, will be available from Wednesday 8 to Sunday 12 September at a cost of 13 euros per night per person (necessary to support the expenses of organization, management and restoration of the spaces). Internal parking for the motorbike is included (with availability). Reservation required. Requests must be sent to info@polisportivamandello.it Method of payment: Bank transfer to the following IBAN: IT12 X056 9651 4900 0001 X13 in the name of Polisportiva Mandello del Lario. The reservation will be valid and confirmed (with assignment of the field number) upon receipt of the transfer. Given the number of plots available, priority will be given to longer stays of groups of at least 2 people.

https://motoradunomandello.com/en/

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

>  The pandemic crushes the dream of the Guzzisti: no gathering in the year of the Centenary Due to the covid restrictions, the event scheduled from 6 to 12 September is skipped. Appointment postponed to 2022. The mayor of Mandello: "There are no conditions to offer an event that lives up to expectations"

:(

Ci vediamo nel anno 2022...forza Italia!  Let's hope by then, things have finally settled down, and overseas adventures can begin again!