2v CARC style HT lead covers

68C

Does anyone know the correct name for the black plastic covers over the Grisso 2V type valve covers.  I want to fit the tidier valve covers, got the covers but cannot find the plastic parts.  Do I need special HT leads?

2 hours ago, 68C said:

Does anyone know the correct name for the black plastic covers over the Grisso 2V type valve covers.  I want to fit the tidier valve covers, got the covers but cannot find the plastic parts.  Do I need special HT leads?

I fitted Griso covers to my 2 Valve engine. Part number you need for the covers is 06941000 (2off)

Std HT leads and caps fit.

Ciao

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Many thanks, will start hunting for them.  Lucky Phil, I think it was your bike that set me of down this trail.

3 minutes ago, 68C said:

Does the spark plug cover act as a protection for the silly fell over while manouvering bike type of damage?

Yes, the cover and the black protector are different pieces. The protector is p/n 06023400 2off.

Ciao

23 hours ago, 68C said:

Many thanks, will start hunting for them.  Lucky Phil, I think it was your bike that set me of down this trail.

Careful just how far you try to follow the likes of Lucky Phil!

small.DSC01090.JPG.f6f9277c494dc17f8dc34

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rosso corsa said:

Is there an advantage in these 1200 2v  valve covers or is it just a matter of aesthetics? 

Aesthetics mainly but the integrated protectors are a nice thing to have.

Ciao 

One word of advice if you are using the later, final model, rocker covers, either Griso/Sport or Breva/Norge/Bellagio. Do not even bother trying to use the older type gaskets. For some reason, I have no idea why, these invariably split and get pushed out from between the cover and the head. While there doesn't seem to be any fathomable reason for this behaviour, the mating surfaces are identical, the fasteners are in the same place, it's just "One of those things"!

Purchase a pair of the Valpollini *Metal* gaskets. They last pretty much forever and won't squeeze out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, pete roper said:

One word of advice if you are using the later, final model, rocker covers, either Griso/Sport or Breva/Norge/Bellagio. Do not even bother trying to use the older type gaskets. For some reason, I have no idea why, these invariably split and get pushed out from between the cover and the head. While there doesn't seem to be any fathomable reason for this behaviour, the mating surfaces are identical, the fasteners are in the same place, it's just "One of those things"!

Purchase a pair of the Valpollini *Metal* gaskets. They last pretty much forever and won't squeeze out.

Truth and wisdom.

Spine%20gasket_zpsasbc8z4k.jpg

I can definitely bear witness to that fact!  One ruined road boot, one hand cut gasket, several helping hands, a quart of oil, and 12 thousand (two-services) miles later, the Valpollini gaskets work.

• Like 1