2v CARC style HT lead covers

68C

4 hours ago, pete roper said:

One word of advice if you are using the later, final model, rocker covers, either Griso/Sport or Breva/Norge/Bellagio. Do not even bother trying to use the older type gaskets. For some reason, I have no idea why, these invariably split and get pushed out from between the cover and the head. While there doesn't seem to be any fathomable reason for this behaviour, the mating surfaces are identical, the fasteners are in the same place, it's just "One of those things"!

Purchase a pair of the Valpollini *Metal* gaskets. They last pretty much forever and won't squeeze out.

Yep good advice, they are what I used.

Ciao

1 hour ago, pete roper said:

These are not the same as Phil's.

There are two late type rocker covers which require different HT lead covers. The differences are purely cosmetic but be aware.

+1

Ciao

On 1/11/2021 at 10:01 AM, pete roper said:

These are not the same as Phil's.

There are two late type rocker covers which require different HT lead covers. The differences are purely cosmetic but be aware.

Mine have 05-02-35-30 in raised numbers inside the covers.  Also different to the ones in Doccs  picture, the HT lesd tunnel is rounded rather than square.  So which HT lead cover do I need, is it one or two piece?  Thanks. 

The squarer ones like Phil's were used on the Griso and Sport 1200. They use a lead cover and a protective 'Puck' on the two outer, middle rocker cover bolts. The more round rocker covers were used on Bellagio, Breva, Norge and 'Breva Sport 1200' which is an odd parts-bin special. These use a single one piece lead cover.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2