Origins of V11LeMans.com

Admin Jaap

5 hours ago, Admin Jaap said:

I also can't believe I bought my V11 Le Mans almost 20 years ago and started this forum!

And we all thank you for doing so!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

On 1/15/2021 at 3:57 AM, Admin Jaap said:

I had to look up when I registered the domain name: 2002-04-16 13:55:03 UTC

Would you like to give us some history on what inspired you to get this forum started .......

• Like 5

16 hours ago, gstallons said:

Would you like to give us some history on what inspired you to get this forum started .......

That's easy! I bought a V11LM (after also trying a BMW R1150S and an Aprilia Mille) and decided the twin lump with the classic looks were just what the doctor ordered after a Yamaha 600 Fazer. I fell in love with the bike immediately and decided to find others that had a similar experiences to share. Building websites was my other hobby, so I combined the two. I made a lot of friends worldwide, especially in the USA, where I was given a very warm welcome on my 4 week holiday trip from Seattle to San Francisco in 2004. ( :notworthy:you know who you are!)
And here we are, 19 years later.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

On 1/18/2021 at 3:55 AM, Admin Jaap said:

That's easy! I bought a V11LM (after also trying a BMW R1150S and an Aprilia Mille) and decided the twin lump with the classic looks were just what the doctor ordered after a Yamaha 600 Fazer. I fell in love with the bike immediately and decided to find others that had a similar experiences to share. Building websites was my other hobby, so I combined the two. I made a lot of friends worldwide, especially in the USA, where I was given a very warm welcome on my 4 week holiday trip from Seattle to San Francisco in 2004. ( :notworthy:you know who you are!)
And here we are, 19 years later.

Interesting Jaap. I've owned a BMW R1100S and 3 Aprilia Mille's. I've had the V11 for over 10 years now. The longest I've owned any bike in my life. Must be a glutton for punishment:)

Ciao

• Like 5

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...

"I see by my outfit" that it is April 16 in Varsseveld, The Netherlands. The birthday and birthplace of V11LeMans.com, 2002.

TWENTY YEARS OLD !!!!

:mg:

Thank you, as ever, Jaap for this delightful place, excellent community, and extraordinary archive. Birthday present coming your way! :drink:

[This is my chosen time of year to donate . . .

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

@Admin Jaap

You may not have expected to see the forum blossom into what it is today.

Do you remember this quote from Arthur Schopenhauer?

“Talent hits a target no one else can hit. Genius hits a target no one else can see.”
  • Like 5