Reviving an Old Garage

Just now, docc said:

I swear I can see a 12"x18" V11 wiring diagram above the tool box in the Stornello view . . . 

Yes and no. :D

It's a Carl Allison work for the Norge.  Naturally, I have there for folks who help me as it is gibberish to me. :grin:

Oh, I meant to add to my most recent post a comment about the sound system you and others have mentioned as critical to a shop.

Well, yes, nice, I suppose.  But nothing much in this forum's music thread gets played on the hand-me-down radio (with broken CD player) I have in the Moto Grappa.  :P

Instead, I have that old radio set to WETA Classical Washington 90.9 FM 24/7.  My Guzzis prefer it.  :race::oldgit:

Bill

• Like 1
17 hours ago, gstallons said:

Back to the wiring diagram , have it blown up to the max at Office Depot and be done with it . Mine is a 3'' X 4" .

I never thought of mounting one to the shop wall. You know, like above the fire extinguisher. :o

I keep one under the Sport's seat along with a Fresnel lens. For those impromptu, roadside TechSessions . . . :luigi:

• Like 2

I have diagrams galore in this old crock next to my computer/work station along with two service manuals and two parts manuals for the Guzzis . BTW , laminate the big one and use erasable multi-color markers to keep things easy to clean up after the conferences .

• Like 4

For lighting, I followed the lead of one the auto professionals that I know and added "wall" lighting (in addition to overhead lights) to cut the shadows where we tend to poke our heads into.

I was fortunate to repurpose some retired X-ray viewboxes to surround the lift . . .

IMG_9525.jpg

• Like 3

I also spy Bill Hagan's clever gear rack: a six (or eight?) foot ladder to hang jackets and pants from, totes and helmets on top, boots and totes at the base. Brilliant!:sun:

i-G9nF7Bp-L.jpg

• Like 4
1 hour ago, docc said:

For lighting, I followed the lead of one the auto professionals that I know and added "wall" lighting (in addition to overhead lights) to cut the shadows where we tend to poke our heads into.

I was fortunate to repurpose some retired X-ray viewboxes to surround the lift . . .

IMG_9525.jpg

I've gone to a high quality Head light docc. Adjustable so it shines exactly where you are looking and if you get a good one with built in charger it gives 15 hours of very bright lighting.

Wish they made them when I was working under the cowls of hi bypass gas turbines out in the open tarmac for 30 years of my career.

Ciao 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Lucky Phil said:

I've gone to a high quality Head light docc. Adjustable so it shines exactly where you are looking and if you get a good one with built in charger it gives 15 hours of very bright lighting.

Wish they made them when I was working under the cowls of hi bypass gas turbines out in the open tarmac for 30 years of my career.

Ciao 

I did the same thing Phil.

I put really bright suspended LED ceiling mounted shop lights in and they work great; but the brighter light makes for even darker shadows in the in the middle or bottom of whatever I'm working on; the headlamp cuts through the shadows. 

• Like 3
3 hours ago, docc said:

I also spy Bill Hagan's clever gear rack: a six (or eight?) foot ladder to hang jackets and pants from, totes and helmets on top, boots and totes at the base. Brilliant!:sun:

i-G9nF7Bp-L.jpg

a gear rack Imelda Marcos would love... and most important, the All American Division well represented :thumbsup:

• Like 3
12 hours ago, footgoose said:

a gear rack Imelda Marcos would love... and most important, the All American Division well represented :thumbsup:

All the Way, Sir!  Airborne!  :D

A master parachutist ... but vintage 1976, i.e., in the days we leaped from biplanes.  :oldgit:

Inexplicably to me, too, that sweatshirt has shrunk in astonishing ways since I ran down Ardennes in it.  :grin:

• Like 1