Idle NQR

innesa

Hello everybody.

Long-time reader, first-time poster.

Hoping to tap into the wealth of knowledge found through this site.

I have recently purchased my 2001 V11 Le Mans, with ~ 81000kms on the clock. Picked it up at a motorcycle retailer. I am unaware of the service history, including any potential mapping.

It has Agostini pipes that had the baffles in them, until I located a set of circlip pliers. :D

There is a USB cable up near the dash - already installed (Read: I don't know what function it provides)

I have changed the engine oil, gear oil, & Cardan drive oil at this point, with a subsequent reduction to valve/ tappet noise, however, on the first ride, pulling up at traffic lights, the idle would occasionally become "lumpy", almost to the point of stalling. Revs were ~ 1000 on the clock.

Did I do anything to contribute to this? And, what can I do to sort it?

I've read various forum threads on tune up, etc, but I don't quite feel confident enough to tackle that by myself at present, in case I then have to load it onto a trailer, take it to a place, point to it, & say "Fix that"!

Thank you in anticipation.

Easy! Pop by the South'n Spine Raid this September on the US border of Tennessee and North Carolina. We'll take it on! B):luigi:

So... not likely. ;)

Begin with a "Decent Tune-up" . .  .

We can go from there...

Welcome, @innesa to the best place in the world to sort a Moto Guzzi V11!

• Like 1

Thanks docc. Yours is one of the threads that I'd read, & it is certainly comprehensive!

I'm just a wee bit nervous about doing stuff that is potentially beyond me, without a watchful eye over to me to stop me from making a terminal error!

I'll have another read, go see the Wizard for some courage, & go from there...

Wish me luck.

Writer's Theme: COURAGE

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

G'day mate.

Welcome to the fold!

Once you've got it sorted you'll love it eh.

I'm no mechanic but I can highly  recommend a couple of local blokes who are VERY VERY GOOD!

Brad Black ( Brad the Bike Boy ) in Oakleigh is closer to you.

Rob Grant ( Guzzi Repairs ) in Cranbourne.

Cheers Guzzler

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Pete

I meant to mention that Brad would likely be booked out for ages!

Yep, both blokes are bloody good and great to deal with as well.

Cheers Guzzler

Ps I'd better get get back to work ha ha  

• Thanks 1

Guzzler & Pete Roper, I really appreciate the heads up about those two gents.

I will most def check them out.

A bit hesitant to take it to PS after I was talking to a Triumph rider who told me they overfilled his oil to the tune of 700mls, & their response to his complaint was basically no response. Pretty damned poor. You trust them with Precious, & it's clear that it ain't so precious to them.

Cheers lads.

thumb_thats-my-precious-memegenerator-net-thats-my-precious-scary-smeagol-51587934.png

• Haha 2