V11 wanted

bsanorton

Looking to purchase my 1st Moto Guzzi V11 (if it had the single clutch plate, it must have been upgraded with documentation). I'm a big Buell fan and

because of that became friends with Jolly (David) who peaked my interest in these fine machines. Missed out on his V11 because of my wife's unexpected medical bills and college tuition.

I'm ready to purchase a low mileage mint condition V11. I checked out the Scura in Vegas and it was a big disappointment. A dealer in

California turned down my 1st offer on a greenie, then contacted me to say it's still available (but I have no patience for games). I'm located in Florida, but

have no problems making a road trip or shipping. If you have anything please send pictures, video to rmayer@comcast.net

Thanks,

Rich      

Well this has been paid for and hoping to get it picked up next week and delivered from California to Florida.  Nice conversation with the owner Paul from this site...  

2001 Moto Guzzi Rosso Mandello 5.jpg

• Like 5

Welcome to the Forum Rich..I look forward to your participation!  Hope you get many miles and hours of good riding with The Mandello..it was a pleasure talking with you!:bier:

• Like 1

You cannot operate this bike w/o this forum .  Make sure you have a large wiring diagram , an analog and digital meter , a degree in electricity / electronics , a good shop , $10k worth of tools , the strength to push a bike 1/4 mile ( 0.4k ) and a good attitude . Oh yeah , a Japanese bike too .

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

On 2/12/2021 at 1:42 PM, bsanorton said:

Well this has been paid for and hoping to get it picked up next week and delivered from California to Florida.  Nice conversation with the owner Paul from this site...  

2001 Moto Guzzi Rosso Mandello 5.jpg

Welcome from the land of evil spirits! Nice Rosso. Low mileage, I would suspect. The good news is that you have dodged the pesky problems of the early bikes. The "rest of the story" is that these bikes have loads of personality - even if that personality is bi-polar at times, passive-aggressive at others, and occasionally, what I refer to as "improved French" The transmission has a neutral but no owner does.

8 hours ago, gstallons said:

You cannot operate this bike w/o this forum .  Make sure you have a large wiring diagram , an analog and digital meter , a degree in electricity / electronics , a good shop , $10k worth of tools , the strength to push a bike 1/4 mile ( 0.4k ) and a good attitude . Oh yeah , a Japanese bike too .

LOL. I'm used to that. I own 4 Buells and a regular member of Bad Weather Bikers

• Haha 1