gearbox shifter shaft seal

docc

I've had a shifter shaft seal (to fit to the shift mechanism assembly sideplate) on order a couple months - still on back order from Piaggio.

Do we have a suitable alternative (or source) for this simple seal? (#30: GU 90401526)

Gear-box-selector-MOTO-GUZZI-MOTO-GUZZI-

when I did mine 3 years ago I ordered 2 because they are easy to fup duck. I still have the other one 'I think'

what I found in my stash looks like it, but in a baggie with no number. It looks just like the one in the (MGC) photo

it measures 26.30 od and 13.90 id (precision questionable) also, this pretty much has to be it cause I don't know what else it could be..?

if this looks like it, I'll send it your way. I don't think a couple years on the shelf would hurt do you?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, footgoose said:

when I did mine 3 years ago I ordered 2 because they are easy to fup duck. I still have the other one 'I think'

what I found in my stash looks like it, but in a baggie with no number. It looks just like the one in the (MGC) photo

it measures 26.30 od and 13.90 id (precision questionable) also, this pretty much has to be it cause I don't know what else it could be..?

if this looks like it, I'll send it your way. I don't think a couple years on the shelf would hurt do you?

Not unless it has been subject to intense sun or ozone. Most of the stuff we get these days has been on a shelf somewhere for years.

Ciao

• Like 1

9 hours ago, footgoose said:

I went looking for the post where you suggested getting two because of their fup duckability. So, ordered two back in December, but just learned they remain back ordered from Piaggio. I seem to recall my other common sources showed them out of stock. Seems like such a simple part that I thought we should come up with a replacement source outside of the Piaggo network (especially for simple things that they are not stocking) for Scud's Encyclopedia of Compatible Parts.

Thanks for the offer to send me your spare! I can trade you an OMRON High Zoot relay or some other contraband . . .

IMG_6417.jpg

• Like 1

Another member sent me to Gutsibits and I have one on the way from the UK. Seems it they're last one or I would have gotten a spare.

Perhaps, we can yet find a generic replacement that is commonly available . . .

• Like 1

6 hours ago, gstallons said:

Are there any numbers on the ( I know how small it is ) seal or what is the MG part # ?

Moto Guzzi # GU 90401526

Gutsibits states it is 26mm OD

I have a shipping email from them already this morning. Their website says this item "usually restocks within a few days."

• Like 1

2 hours ago, po18guy said:

Once you know the size, they are cheap. Material is the second qualifier. The "$1.00" + S/H seal is BUNA-N, with a garter spring.

And Buna-N (Nitrile, yes?) is fine for this application?

(I hate to admit what i paid for a couple shipped from the UK.  Not "$1.00" ) . . . :mellow:

• Haha 1