tps with attitude

fubar guzzi

42 minutes ago, fubar guzzi said:

YEP!!!

So if you slide the throttle body to airbox coupling back into the airbox and look down the throttle body inlet and turn the throttle full open is the throttle blade going to the wide open position? ( you may need to use a mirror) It wont go totally 90 degrees because the blade only goes 87 degrees for full open but it will look pretty much just the edge of the blade pointing back at you. 

Ciao

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fubar guzzi said:

Took it all apart + the throttle blade is open all the way(87)-----volts are0.000 open/0.000 closed-------Mv are 381.0open/229.5 closed  

What's next to test ???

A different TPS?

2 hours ago, docc said:

A different TPS?

Either you have faulty test leads or the TPS's are slipping on the shaft. Hows the shaft engagement on the TPS. If you remove the TPS and rotate the throttle does the shaft section that goes into the TPS rotate? Unlikely to be a broken shaft. From what your figures are showing you have no TPS rotation OR no real voltage to the TPS. What is the voltage between the 5 volt supply from the ecu and ground?

Just for clarity 381MV's is 0.381 Volts. All you are doing is changing the resolution on the multimetre. 

Ciao

Tomorrow I'll try again,I doubt the tps sensor is bad unless I broke it over torquing it.The shaft is ok I played with that a while back trying to get an extra notch like a timing chain,however the tps is not in anyway similar to a timing chain.The wiring harness that I use I totally trust ,but I will check it just to see!

thank for all you do.

• Like 1