6 speed tranny eccentric screw adjustment

ronkom

Bike is an '03 V11 Sport naked. The shift spring has been replaced w Chuck/Scud improved version. Ever since I mounted the kit to move the footpegs & shift/brake controls forward I have had trouble getting the shifting "just right". I'm into it for the 4th time. Question, can anyone describe how to set the eccentric screw w/out pulling the side panel? The instruction in the shop manual is vague & describes steps w/the side cover off.  

Thanks,

Ron

Check the con rod from the pivot to the gearbox input spline. They are a cheap pressed plate abortion. I found mine stiff and erratic in operation. I replaced mine with a quality aftermarket upgrade from a bearing factors outlet and my gear shift improved no end.

I have had the plate off and still wouldn't know how to set the cam blind.

1 hour ago, Cabernet said:

Check the con rod from the pivot to the gearbox input spline. They are a cheap pressed plate abortion. I found mine stiff and erratic in operation. I replaced mine with a quality aftermarket upgrade from a bearing factors outlet and my gear shift improved no end.

I have had the plate off and still wouldn't know how to set the cam blind.

hmmm. .. I'd be interested to know of a specific high quality upgrade.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

The turn buckle connecting rod in the linkage, which adjusts the lever position.

It's generally called a "rod end bearing"  or spherical rod end bearing.

Ciao

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Lucky Phil said:

It's generally called a "rod end bearing"  or spherical rod end bearing.

Ciao

Beg to differ. Each end is known as a rod "end" bearing. There is a left hand threaded rod "end" bearing, a right hand thread rod "end" bearing. The clues in the name, being at the "ends". Together with a turn buckled "rod" they collectively connect two components, hence connecting rod or con-rod, just like that which connects a piston to a cranked shaft. 

• Like 1

Beg to differ. Each end is known as a rod "end" bearing. There is a left hand threaded rod "end" bearing, a right hand thread rod "end" bearing. The clues in the name, being at the "ends". Together with a turn buckled "rod" they collectively connect two components, hence connecting rod or con-rod, just like that which connects a piston to a cranked shaft. 

Sigh.

Ciao

iinglissh ?  :rasta:

Cheers tom.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Chuck said:

Three nations disconnected by a common language.. :rasta:

On contrary. 

Please review page 8 of;

D100380X012_Feb19 (emerson.com)

In the diagram we can see a clear diagram in another application of the discussed component.

Flick to the last page of the document and we can see that this is published in Marshalltown Iowa USA. So I, an English man, using USA terminology that is shared in Sorocaba in  Brazil, Cernay in France, Dubai in the United Arab Emirates & Singapore amongst others. The Emerson 9500 Fishtails butterfly valve was originally made in Cowdenbeath in Scotland by the Fisher Controls Ltd, part of the Fisher Controls group of which the head quarters was Fisher Control International in Marshalltown Iowa, that is now part of the Emerson Group.  xx

• Like 1

The Moto Guzzi Parts Catalog I have (translated to English) calls this the "Tie Rod" and Ball Joints."

As to this topic's "eccentric adjustment",  I'm pretty sure my personal "Eccentricity Adjuster" is twisted pretty high up the scale . . . :blink:

• Like 1