power commander 3 usb

kool keef

Pete and Phil - thanks for taking so much time to reply and explain.  Unfortunately you are making the assumption that I am into 'tech'!  This is all right over my head I'm afraid, but interesting nevertheless.  

Just out of interest, I don't see how you can possibly get the best out of any sort of remap unless it is done in conjunction with a rolling road which produces real performance data?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, pete roper said:

Not even with 'A widget'. With a laptop and some freeware. The Guzzidiag suite of tools and Tunerpro.

How do you connect to the ECU without a widget?

5 hours ago, kool keef said:

Pete and Phil - thanks for taking so much time to reply and explain.  Unfortunately you are making the assumption that I am into 'tech'!  This is all right over my head I'm afraid, but interesting nevertheless.  

Just out of interest, I don't see how you can possibly get the best out of any sort of remap unless it is done in conjunction with a rolling road which produces real performance data?

Well if you can work a computer at a basic level you can work Tunerpro and Guzzitech. The 15M ecu is 20 year old technology. I'm 62 and learned it from scratch.

The same way people tuned carburated engines, except easier AND you can simply load the many, many free maps other people have developed over the last 20 years for FREE in 30 seconds. All those map resources can be downloaded on the web or emailed to you. Ludditeism is no excuse, if you want to get an efi bike running well you need to commit to learning some very basic computer skills.

Tuning on the dyno is the ultimate to get the last 5% or so but even then you tweak the maps based on how it actually feels to ride. The dyno sheet doesn't always represent what actually feels best on the road at normal speeds and throttle inputs which is where you spend 99% of your riding time.

Ciao  

• Like 2