So now I've just got to ride it home......

1 hour ago, pete roper said:

Well sadly things didn't turn out as planned. Greg Trowelled his Griso on pea gravel at the entrance to the Clermont Roadhouse. It was one of those stupid 'Touch the front brake and go down at walking pace' accidents. Griso got a scuffed rocker cover and busted gear lever. Greg rode on in great pain to Emerald but when we got there we had to call the ambulance from the Motel. They hauled him off to A&E and kept him in overnight. Next day x-rays reveal a cracked hip socket in his pelvis! Arse.

Peter rode back to Townsville to mount the recovery mission and I pressed on alone. Only problems I've encountered are one vast 'Whoopsie' from subsidence on the Gregory Development Road got the outfit airborne and when it landed it biffed one of the fork legs up through the yoke about an inch! Anyway, fixed that this morning, (And tightened the pinch bolts a bit more! They weren't as tight as I'd of liked.) that fixed that. Only other thing is it's eaten it's rear tyre! It was only about a third worn when I left. Tonight I'm in Dubbo about 1,800km into the trip and it's definitely not legal any more! It would probably get me home but 90% of all punctures occur in the last 10% of tread wear and I don't want to risk that so I'll see if I can hunt down at least a rear but hopefully a pair of hoops tomorrow morning. If I can get some that are made of industrial diamond I'll be fine with that......😆

Keep plugging along Pete. 

Ciao

Only other thing is it's eaten it's rear tyre!

Oh, yeah.. they do that. The best rear I found without going to the dark side was a Dunlop 401 (?) that goes on every Hawg you've seen. Hard as a rock and last a long (comparatively) time.

Well, no tyres to be had in Dubbo so I rode it home, gently..... Rear tyre is now as bald as a badger's arse but not down to the cords. so much win!

It really was a great trip, (Appart from Greg busting himself up!) I really enjoyed it, even though a lot of the road was boring. I'm sure now that I'll enjoy touring on this rig. It gives me a great incentive to actually fix the carburetion properly!

• Like 5
  • 1 month later...
On 3/13/2021 at 2:21 AM, LowRyter said:

I had to look up Yamaha 900 Diversion on the 'net. 

It's a nice looking 4 cyl air cooled sport tourer.  Looks like the old Seca II 600 that they used to sell over here.  

That's exactly what it is. Embiggened Seca II. Friend at work had one in the early 90s. Reliable but uninspiring.