2001 V11 Sport for sale

ctguzzi

23 hours ago, Lucky Phil said:

Worst photography I've seen in an advertisement for a while. What's the point of the "up on a ladder" perspective? Of no utility at all.

Ciao

I've been thinking about how to spin this into something constructive . . .

My favorite view of a motorcycle is probably prima del monte (before the mount) - the 3/4 view from the left side, just behind the bike looking forward over its waiting form. The last view of the bike before the rider should be looking only at the road and the path of travel . . . :race:

When looking at images of a V11 for sale, I look closely at the close side views of the driveline and chassis. These often reveal changes that have been made that I use to judge condition and the previous owners' intentions.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, docc said:

I've been thinking about how to spin this into something constructive . . .

My favorite view of a motorcycle is probably prima del monte (before the mount) - the 3/4 view from the left side, just behind the bike looking forward over its waiting form. The last view of the bike before the rider should be looking only at the road and the path of travel . . . :race:

When looking at images of a V11 for sale, I look closely at the close side views of the driveline and chassis. These often reveal changes that have been made that I use to judge condition and the previous owners' intentions.

Thats my point docc the overhead ladder shots make it short on detail you need to asses the condition. Taking images for aesthetic reasons is different and most bikes look really good from 1 or 2 angles and the location and lighting plays a part of course. When advertising a second hand anything it's about detail and evaluating condition. Those low res overhead perspectives just make me think the seller is trying to minimise or avoid revealing something.

I also just realised this was a first time poster advertisement in the for sale section. I wonder if it's his bike?

Ciao

2 hours ago, Lucky Phil said:

Thats my point docc the overhead ladder shots make it short on detail you need to asses the condition. Taking images for aesthetic reasons is different and most bikes look really good from 1 or 2 angles and the location and lighting plays a part of course. When advertising a second hand anything it's about detail and evaluating condition. Those low res overhead perspectives just make me think the seller is trying to minimise or avoid revealing something.

I also just realised this was a first time poster advertisement in the for sale section. I wonder if it's his bike?

Ciao

Seems @ctguzzi joined in 2012, but yes: 1st post. Not like he joined yesterday (we see that sometimes . . .)

It is interesting the diversity of "for sale" images. The "casual walk around" like this is pretty common.  On the other end of the scale are the skilled sellers that take multitudes of detail shots, especially of the various scrapes and dings.

Looking forward to this poster returning and perhaps giving us some clarification on this interesting V11 Sport . . .

• Like 1

Sometimes a crappy pic works. If the crappy pic can get them there the viewing of the bike in the flesh will be far more impressive. That'll sell quick. 

2 hours ago, sunbeamtim said:

Just down the road from me, in fact was in New Milford yesterday. Hmmm. just agreed to sell mine to a mate too. Hmmmm. 

You should, of course, ask the other inmates on the ward if you are, in fact, actually crazy. :blink:

Let me be the first to say, "Absolutely not!" B)

" . . . and me neither!" :wacko:

[I see alot to like about that Sport. And a few curiosities.]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...